Honored Contributor

Got a package Sunday morning from the post office.  I just got out of the house to move a trash can, and the postman walked up to me with a package!   I do get Sunday deliveries by Amazon, but this a first from the post office.

Honored Contributor

Just got our third post office delivery of the day. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

More and more people are shopping online, especially the baby boomers.  I don't have time nor the patience to go into the store and wait in long lines, plus i use a walker and most people are not considerate of that.  Not many Christmas cards this year.  I send out less than 20 cards now.  A dying art.  My mother use to get over 100 cards years ago.  Yes, at this time of year, the post office and UPS need to hire temporary help.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I seldom complain about our local PO. But a few weeks ago they scanned a package as delivered when it wasn't. Caused me some grief as I waited another day and when it still didn't show I opened a ticket on e b a y and contacted seller too. I don't think they should scan something as delivered until it truly is.

Honored Contributor

USPS is reporting they expect their December package deliveries to be an average of 6 million a day for December.  I assume all the delivery services are seeing huge numbers.  I also assume there will be some problems, but I don't put all that much energy into being upset if some of my things are delayed because with those numbers, I just expect a few disasters.  Hoping most orders comethrough as promised.

Honored Contributor

all of you who are praising the usps are lucky.

we have consistently average or below average service year round.

package delays, wrong mail being delivered to us, our mail being delivered to others, mail being shoved into our mailbox so that the door stays open and mail gets wet, and no consistent mailman on our route for at least a year.

i dont worry about package delays so much, especially this time of the year,  but the relatively poor service year round. our UPS service is excellent.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Its nice to know that the USPS and UPS are so conscientiously trying to provide good service, especially since there were indications early that the season might be a disaster.  Sounds like they're trying hard.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment