Honored Contributor

It’s 10:10 on Sunday morning and the Post Office has already delivered to us twice this morning!

Yesterday, we had a few packages delivered, but no regular mail. And I knew we had quite a bit of mail coming because I use the Informed delivery service. 

That mail came at 9:00 this morning. I saw the carrier pull up so I went out to meet him. He said that it got too late last night to finish delivery (we’re 6 houses from the end of his route) so he was finishing up. He did two runs yesterday. The first one brought us the packages. So, we got yesterday’s mail today. No problem. He told me to be expecting another delivery later today and to watch my box. 

He told me that they just delivered over 18,000 packages in a two day period which is way over capacity for them. He said it’s “just beyond”. 

Just now, another post office truck pulled up and brought us a box. Different driver. 

So, I think we’ll still be getting another delivery from our regular carrier. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Almost everybody is doing on-line ordering, and the volume of packages is massive.

All carriers are swamped with millions upon millions of packages to deliver.

Honored Contributor

Re: Post office deliveries

[ Edited ]

I did 100% of my Christmas shopping online, I do most of my shopping with Amazon and other online retailers anyway.  I am so impressed and kfor the speed that retailers are processing orders and Usps, Ups, Fedex.  Everything is arriving so quickly and I appreciate that I haven't had any deliveries after 9pm.  Ups did something I never heard of.  I had a QVC package that was supposed to be handed off to Usps for delivery and I was supposed to receive it on 12/16.  However, Ups tracking said that they would deliver the package themselves since they were going to be delivering other packages to my street.  And they did, I got my package on 12/14.  They are all doing an amazing  job and I am thankful.  

Respected Contributor

I have been nothing short of pleased with my deliveries this year.  I know they're working so hard.

I see both mail trucks and UPS trucks late into the night.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister in law works for the post office and she has a difficult job.   She'll appreciate the nice words here instead of the chronic complaints about how people have to wait for packages.   She is working 7 days a week and say they are so overwhelmed that even hiring temporary help is tough becasue they don't know the routes and sometimes packages will end up at the wrong address.  I say cut them slack and be patient.  Online ordering  has become the way we shop now.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Post office deliveries

[ Edited ]

I  my post office has been delivering 2x a day  and on Sunday during the Christmas Holidays  all my 66 yrs  living  here.

Trusted Contributor

we tip ours... i order alot of stuff and they always drop it off right in front of door & beep.. the past 2 months i had about 10 plus deliveries... and most were heavy.. people like that i definetely dont mind tipping.. a box of chocolates & 20.00... i really do appreciate them, and ours is very nice

Honored Contributor

All carriers have been outstanding.  I'm going away for Christmas and had ordered a couple items with a EDD into next week, so I had them sent to my mother's.  They've all arrived.

Honored Contributor

I had a USPS delivery yesterday morning before 5:30AM and one this morning at 7:30 AM.  Also had UPS deliver yesterday.  I truly appreciate the effort!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

My sister in law works for the post office and she has a difficult job.   She'll appreciate the nice words here instead of the chronic complaints about how people have to wait for packages.   She is working 7 days a week and say they are so overwhelmed that even hiring temporary help is tough becasue they don't know the routes and sometimes packages will end up at the wrong address.  I say cut them slack and be patient.  Online ordering  has become the way we shop now.

We re-delivered a parcel that was mistakenly left at our front door and were glad to do it.  The correct address was the next road over, so dropped it off on our way to church.  Hoping that others will follow suit without complaint.