Honored Contributor

Re: Possible snow for southeast this weekend

@Kachina624 wrote:

This storm which came in from the West Coast with moisture from Mexico,  is working its way through New Mexico right now.   At noon it's 10° in NE part of state,  not mountains but flat range land.   Chance of snow in Albuquerque tonight.   The ski areas in Colorado and Northern NM are getting slammed.   Here's a photo taken today in Crested Butte,  CO. 

20170105_124801.png

Yeah now see this is when I call BS on Mother Nature.  I mean snow is nice but really?  I hope that's powder snow and not packing.  Smiley Frustrated 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, the "ice" chance is the worse, that mean downed power lines!  Well, we moved back to the South to leave the snow, we use to live in No. Virginia/DC area, and I hate the "S" word, LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

The golf courses are covering the greens starting tomorrow around here.  They're getting serious!!  

I was very annoyed with Ginger's comment this morning about Southerners "not doing well with snow."  How about the next storm that passes through NYC, you park the plows and salt trucks and see how well you do?  It's an equipment issue down here not an ignorant person one.   

Thats the point,  Southerners don't have the equipment needed for heavy duty snow removal.   They have the plows and salt trucks so fare better.   Don't take it personally; I'm sure she didn't mean it as a personnel issue. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Laura14@Suziepeach- a Facebook page I'm on is reporting 45 minute long lines at the grocery stores tonight!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

our snow flurries began about an hour or so ago. it is a beautiful site in the baltimore area. we are only projected to get a trace to two inches maximum.

my daughter just went out and put the cover on her windshield (thanks to qvc for offering them). it sure does feel cold though....we have not had a lot of truly COLD weather yet this year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@RedTophi there, I am wondering if you live near Hinton..I have a friend near there & your weather sounds like hers..we are in SW Ohio, got 2" snow today, but cold, cold..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

NC checking in! Lol four to six inches predicted for my area.  We will get snow; we had a thunderstorm last week so we should get snow. Smiley Happy. I did my shopping last night, but forgot the chips and dip. I may pick up some tomorrow morning. One thing that's bad is after the storm: temps will be in the single digits.  9 Sat and 4 Sun.  So happy I replaced my furnace last month!  

ETA:  you are correct about not having the equipment. My county only has one snow plow, but I do remember as a kid having snow days and my Dad putting chains on his car to take mom to and from the hospital ER nurse). Haven't had regular snowfall like that in decades.  

Honored Contributor

Here they don't have snow plows per se.   They attach a snow blade to the fronts of their highway maintenance dump trucks. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Hhhm, I wonder if that's what I'm seeing instead of a snow plow.  I'll let you or sure this weekend! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The local news just showed some grocery stores; looked like Black Friday shopping!