Honored Contributor

delivery man should had put on chair. out of the way of the public too. 

Honored Contributor

I had a 30lb bag of dog food delivered late that I didn't know about.  The next morning I found it, out of its cardboard box, under a big spruce tree in the yard about 25ft away.  That heavy for an animal to drag over rock.  It must have been a coyote.

The strange thing was, the bag wasn't damaged.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

delivery man should had put on chair. out of the way of the public too. 

@SharkE.  What the delivery person should have done was ring the doorbell.  I don't understand the hesitancy by delivery people to make this simple effort.   I even have a big sign on the door asking them to do so but only about half comply.

The company making the delivery should've replaced the cookies gratis.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's nice that Tiff's replaced the cookies at no charge. 

DH cooks out on the grill or smoker all the time. We have possum that come up on our back patio looking for the food they can smell that has been cooked.

Sometimes we look out the window where you can see a possum sitting on the fence with glowing eyes.

Honored Contributor

So polite of her/him? to leave the balloon!Woman LOL

Where I used to live near my daughter she would leave snack bags and water on the porch for the delivery people.

I had many possums visit me at night.

The next days we would see empty cheez-its, fritos bags torn in the yard.

She said rude! Please tell your friends to at least clean up after themselves lol!

Now at my new place I was so happy to hear a little rustling and a possum showed up! I was so happy. He or she comes by occasionally. My youngest daughter said she has never seen a live possum until she saw one with me at night one time.

My kids say they follow me!!Heart

The first time I saw one I thought they were so scary.

Now I think they are sooo cute!

And they eat so loudly! Once I saw 4 babies in the tree! It was incredible.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Porch Pirate

[ Edited ]

OMG, so cute!!!

And yes, they are a little scary looking when you first see them! 

Years ago when I lived in the country, I would leave food out for the stray cats.

Once I came home & there was a possum curled up in the now empty bowl (it was a large, dog size bowl).

Scared the heck out of me the first time.

After that it would happen occasionally.

Got so the possums didn't even move when they saw me.

And I figured they are one of God's beautiful creatures & need to eat too!!!

Respected Contributor

That is too funny. Was the culprit apprehended by the game warden? Hopefully he only gets probation, lol.

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover   How adorable!  Everyone has to eat.  Hope this little one enjoyed the cookies.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Possums are creepy animals!  Especially their teeth!  As a child, they scared me.  Funny but raccoons seem cute, but they are more dangerous then the possum. 

Respected Contributor

One of those little possums got trapped in my outside atrium. He tore the place up, ripped the screen door, ate the plants and made a lot of noice before I could get someone to get him out. What a mess.