Respected Contributor

Did the US East Coast Get Snow?

[ Edited ]

I am on the east coast of Canada.  We got a huge dump of snow today.  38 cm drifting 4-5'.  We have more snow to come Sunday and Monday.  

Wondering what US East Coast got if any?  We are supposed to travel to Maine/NH Tuesday driving.  The Province of New Brunswick (located between Nova Scotia and Maine) got no snow.

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3467.jpeg

Looking at photo above and see the black metal obelisk to the right of the lamp light.  You have to look hard for it.  I have encircled it in yellow.  That is 5' tall and the top is just peaking out of the snow.

IMG_3430.jpeg

The snowblower could barely handle the drifts.  We expect this much again Sunday with 80 km winds so that should be fun.  We shovelled and cleared for three hours today!

IMG_3438.jpeg

IMG_3434.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Did the US East Coast Get Snow?

@Lilysmom1   That's a lot of snow! I live in E. PA where it was in the mid 40's & sunny today. It's been a long time since we've seen the sun here.

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily Way more than we normally get but this is what we expect from a nor'easter.  Kind of reminds me of the horrid storm we called White Juan in 2004.  The entire city was shut down for a week.

There was a closure today near our City of the 100 series highways (our major highway system) which is a rare event.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom1  What a beautiful snow! No, we have had clouds and rain off and on all week. We saw the sun this afternoon. I don't think we're expecting snow for the next few weeks. UGH! Enjoy!

ETA: Of course, stay safe!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1.  Wow!  You've got yourself quite a mess.  Look at the bright side....at least you won't feel compelled to go pull weeds today.

It's bright and sunny here today but very chilly with 50mph winds.  My winds chimes sound like an orchestra tuning up.  I struggled to hold onto the mail I brought in.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm in MA.  Thankfully we didn't not get any snow.  We did get some sun which has been pretty rare this winter.  

Honored Contributor

Beautiful pictures. We had lots of snow like that when we lived in Newfoundland on Ernest Harmon AFB when I was  around 2-5 yrs old. I remember my dad getting stuck at work. We had a big hill out back we went down on tobbagons. 

Respected Contributor

Wow.. you got a bunch. Sorry (I hate snow) . Suburb of nyc here. We had no snow. Sunshine and about 42 degrees today.
Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 I am glad you got much needed moisture in hopes it will prevent forest fires. It is unfortunate it arrived when you were planning to travel. Stay safe.

Respected Contributor

I live in So. Maine at the coast. Most of the snow is gone now. Temps are supposed to be in the 30’s-40’s this week. Dont anticipate snow.