Respected Contributor

I live in a tiny townhouse community. This afternoon I went out to my car and there were people walking around everywhere plus a line of about 25 people standing in the parking lot. Then I saw an open house sign.

No for sale sign on the house. I don't know the people who live there at all. Then it was all over and everyone was gone.

Is this how it's done now? 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Not in our community- maybe yours is so highly desirable they can get enough lookers without advertising and pre-scheduling?

Respected Contributor

Re: Pop-Up Open House

[ Edited ]

It could've been a realtor showing. Sometimes they're given a first look before a for sale sign is posted.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't sound like an open house to me if everyone disappeared at the same time.  Maybe like previous poster mentioned, an open house for realtors.

Respected Contributor

I'd say we're average-desirable. Maybe one house turnover per year or less, but we're small. The last house that was sold about 16 months ago was no sign and no open house. Sold in one week.

Respected Contributor

I think it could have been a realtor showing. Now that you mention it, everyone seemed better dressed than you would expect on a Saturday afternoon.

Thanks......

Honored Contributor

Some townhouse / condo communities doesn't allow "for sale" signs except on the day of an open house.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Realtor dot com posts the Open House schedule on the listing of a property on its site. Most realtors & private sellers advertise on Realtor dot com and Zillow. Zillow has a place for people to schedule a viewing online, and so does Realtor dot com. I'm pretty sure other sites have the same ability to post showings & open houses.

When I sold my house last year, I didn't want any signage. As expected, the realtor posted the info online at both Realtor dot com and Zillow. (I had multiple offers immediately).

Honored Contributor

A wake?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I think it could have been a realtor showing. Now that you mention it, everyone seemed better dressed than you would expect on a Saturday afternoon.

Thanks......

When a particularly desirable property comes on the market, the listing agency sometimes hosts a realtor open house. Often they do it "caravan" style from one new listing to the next. Sometimes there's even food and drink involved.