Honored Contributor

They've brought back the early 70s !

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Actually, the fringe was late 1960's but it did filter into the 70's.  It's not very flattering on females who are not tall and thin.  Some ponchos are attractive but they must be scaled to fit the height of the female.  Every trend seems to bring back the past in some way and to not be so attractive to us as we GASP! age. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

Yes they have!!  I , for one am delighted!!  I loved them then and missed them.  Nothing is as comfortable or practical as a poncho.

Honored Contributor

Not for this short, fat woman.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ponchos & Fringe !

[ Edited ]

I love them ... I've been wearing them for the past three years or so ... this time around.   Wore them in the 70s, too.  

I don't care what others think  ... I think ponchos look just fine on me.  I love the freedom, the versatility, the warmth when a little is needed.   They pack well for our fall trips ...  have many colors and styles ... a couple from my collection

Honored Contributor

I always wore them too and now I'm sorry I donated them to charity.

I bought the TSV the other day in black.  I've received it and it's light and lovely.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Not for this short, fat woman.

Or just short women.  I could never get into fringe, but I did have a poncho from somewhere in South America.  It was small enough/short enough so I didn't look like I was wearing a blanket.

So, what next?  I'm trying to remember what else was popular then that could make a comeback.  I don't pinpoint years well... paisley prints?  No, I think that was earlier.  I do remember there was a lot of brown, I hated that, although I love a good chocolate brown in a cardigan or shirt now.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone see Rizzoli and Isles the other night?  Jane has a new long fringe jacket she loves and Maura hates.  Pretty funny bit.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I love them ... I've been wearing them for the past three years or so ... this time around.   Wore them in the 70s, too.  

I don't care what others think  ... I think ponchos look just fine on me.  I love the freedom, the versatility, the warmth when a little is needed.   They pack well for our fall trips ...  have many colors and styles ... a couple from my collection

NMF16_D0VYM.

SoX, I love the colors in the teal and purple poncho!

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I always wore them too and now I'm sorry I donated them to charity.

I bought the TSV the other day in black.  I've received it and it's light and lovely.

Which TSV, Ford?