Trusted Contributor

Re: Ponchos & Fringe !

[ Edited ]

trends......They bring back the same ol thing every 8 to 10 years....next it will be prairie skirts. Then bell sleeves, and then suade head to foot....  Repeat,repeat, repeat. 

I do not fall for trendy fashions. Leave that to the young who think it is something new...LOL!.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven ... 

Oh the one in the pic is mild ... you should see some of the others I have in other styles ...  (insert a big laughing smiley)

My sons love them ... "here comes that [probably crazy, definitely eccentric} little 'ol silver-haired lady in cowboy boots and a poncho ..."

Respected Contributor

HAHAHA I just this very minute received two from the Q

Layers by Lizden Marvelush Cowl Neck Fringed Poncho

I got it in the red and the olive.........I love wearing them when I'm at job sites with a pair of jeans or leggings and boots........comfortable and warm.....................................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I always wore them too and now I'm sorry I donated them to charity.

I bought the TSV the other day in black.  I've received it and it's light and lovely.

Which TSV, Ford?

A267185 the fringed poncho.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought two during the Nordies sale, and they are super cute!!! No crochet, and only one has fringe. One has an Aztec type patter, and the other is neutral with some stripes on the bottom. 

ETA: mine are technically capes, actually.  They are open in the front. 

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@NoelSeven ... 

Oh the one in the pic is mild ... you should see some of the others I have in other styles ...  (insert a big laughing smiley)

My sons love them ... "here comes that [probably crazy, definitely eccentric} little 'ol silver-haired lady in cowboy boots and a poncho ..."

Cowboy boots, too!  I love it Woman LOL

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

I bought two during the Nordies sale, and they are super cute!!! No crochet, and only one has fringe. One has an Aztec type patter, and the other is neutral with some stripes on the bottom. 

ETA: mine are technically capes, actually.  They are open in the front. 

Crochet!  I'd forgotten how popular that was.  I don't knit, but wow, I crocheted up a storm!  Gifts for everyone Woman LOL  Baby blankets, hats, throws for the couch or bed, even tiny crochet doilies.  I loved it, it was like meditation.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

i just bought a poncho myself at the nordies sale.  never thought i'd wear one.  no fringe though.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I love them ... I've been wearing them for the past three years or so ... this time around.   Wore them in the 70s, too.  

I don't care what others think  ... I think ponchos look just fine on me.  I love the freedom, the versatility, the warmth when a little is needed.   They pack well for our fall trips ...  have many colors and styles ... a couple from my collection

NMF16_D0VYM.

I could not agree more.  Most people who know me would say I'm quite fashionable.  I am known for my ponchos, capes, ruanas, wraps (I hate heavy coats) and always receive compliments. I am (now) 5' 3"- ish with a small frame and do not find them overwhelming or that they make me look fat. (believe me, I'd be the first to notice)

Esteemed Contributor

In 1969 while in college, I learned to crochet from our downstairs neighbor.  My first "I like it project" was a poncho crocheted in fisherman's white yarn using a filet crochet pattern with fringe. In the first week I wore it to class, I had orders for 4 ponchos!  Though I never intended to make and sell these, it all worked out well as the orders kept on coming.  I sold them for $15.00 each.