Esteemed Contributor

I do not like Pinterest on the computer but not on an Android tablet.  I did not download the app, I just use the browser.  I use it a lot.

Respected Contributor

Thank you!  I thought it was just me.  I wanted hand crafted things, like knitting ideas & patterns, but as another poster wrote, TMI.  I'll just stick with Ravelry which is much easier to navigate.

Honored Contributor

I am on Pinterest only because I was told a few years ago that it was important to do so in order to stir interest in my eBay sales.  I have a large board over the years with items I'm selling and where to go to get it if someone is interested.  I've had people interested in "pinning" items..... but it being a springboard to sales?  I really doubt it....

Yes, it's (IMHO) basically a clumsy site but I still update when I think about it (thanks for this thread.... now I'm thinking about it!  Woman Happy)

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I am on Pinterest only because I was told a few years ago that it was important to do so in order to stir interest in my eBay sales.  I have a large board over the years with items I'm selling and where to go to get it if someone is interested.  I've had people interested in "pinning" items..... but it being a springboard to sales?  I really doubt it....

Yes, it's (IMHO) basically a clumsy site but I still update when I think about it (thanks for this thread.... now I'm thinking about it!  Woman Happy)

I kept a retired Boyd's Bear Christmas edition "Gwen" pinned for a while before I bought on eBay for my granddaughter for Christmas last year who is also named Gwen.  I think you made a wise decision you never know how a sale may come about.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I kept a retired Boyd's Bear Christmas edition "Gwen" pinned for a while before I bought on eBay for my granddaughter for Christmas last year who is also named Gwen.  I think you made a wise decision you never know how a sale may come about.

That's encouraging!  Thank you...!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pinterest is a PITA

[ Edited ]

If you ever decide to get the app, you can set it so you don't receive notifications.  They send daily emails (sometimes 20-25 in one day) to show you pins that are similar to yours, people who have similar pins as yours (your "pin twin"), and to let you know when someone re-pinned one of your pins.  I have a variety of interests for pin categories (gardening, education, recipes, etc.), so the more things you're interested in, the more notifications you'll receive.  There's a young math teacher at my school who gets math activity ideas from Pinterest every week--like that's her go to resource for anything and everything.  There are some interesting things on Pinterest, but it can be time consuming to sift through it all.  Some of the teen girls around here love it for hair, make up, and nail ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pinterest is a PITA

[ Edited ]

@croemer wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They email me recipe suggestions almost daily, but I 'm darned if I could ever find the actual recipes. Ina e the stupid app, but that does not help.

I had your problem at first then figured out you click on the link...then when say...a recipe pops up...click in the middle of the picture and it will take you to the recipe.

It took me a few tries to figure it out too. Like Croemer says, you have to click a couple of times to get what you're looking for.

I also agree with Kathy (OP), if you're only going to look at one thing it's not worth it. 

I like it though, and I find a lot of fun stuff. Today I learned that Ziplock makes ice pop pouches called Zipzicles for making homemade ice pops. You know, like the kind that are filled with sugary, unhealthy liquid, that kids love. That led me to a brand called Kiddzo Popsi-Cool which are the same thing but reusable. I can't wait to get those little molds and fill them up with fresh blended strawberries, blueberries, or whatever sounds good at the time. Nothing revolutionary, but it will be fun.

Eta links (from Amazon):

https://www.amazon.com/ZIPZICLE-Pack-Zip-Top-Ice-Pouch/dp/B00N795KR4?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AIK2S60/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687442&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-strip...

Respected Contributor

I never got into Pinterest.

Honored Contributor

Good to hear I am not the only one who finds the site frustrating.  I think it's worse going through the app actually.

I find HOUZZ difficult to navigate, too.  That site gobbled up the Garden Web forums that I liked.

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They email me recipe suggestions almost daily, but I 'm darned if I could ever find the actual recipes. Ina e the stupid app, but that does not help.

I had your problem at first then figured out you click on the link...then when say...a recipe pops up...click in the middle of the picture and it will take you to the recipe.

Thank you I'll try that, the recipes do look interesting.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan