Trusted Contributor

Caught Covid in prison.

ee1508a16f8d4423aaf2232813982ae4_md.jpg

Trusted Contributor

TMZ reporting contracted Covid 4 weeks ago.  Released from hospital and transferred back to prison.

CNN reporting he died of natural causes.

In any event, good riddance.

Honored Contributor

Phil-Spector.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

How he changed the recording industry with his  " Wall of Sound "  also known as

" Spector Sound " in the early 1960's. The  unforgetable recordings of the Ronettes  with " Be my Baby and Baby I Love You "  along with Righteous Brothers " You've Lost that Loving Feelin "  and Tina Turner 's " River Deep -Mountain High ".  He became such a  creepy  person. I saw  some programs some time ago  regarding his murder  charges and conviction.

Honored Contributor

Re: Phil Spector Dead At 81

[ Edited ]

He has a net worth of 30 million dollars....   and continuing royalties.  His children should do well.

Honored Contributor

He worked with the Beatles ❤  and John Lennon solo too, producing some of their music.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

How he changed the recording industry with his  " Wall of Sound "  also known as

" Spector Sound " in the early 1960's. The  unforgetable recordings of the Ronettes  with " Be my Baby and Baby I Love You "  along with Righteous Brothers " You've Lost that Loving Feelin "  and Tina Turner 's " River Deep -Mountain High ".  He became such a  creepy  person. I saw  some programs some time ago  regarding his murder  charges and conviction.

@skatting44   Agree and only 19 years old when he began his career with The Teddy Bears and "To Know Him is to Love Him".

He was involved in producing more music after his retirment from the industry in the mid-sixties including the Beatles (credit the success of the album "Let it Be to him), Leonard Cohen, Dion, Righteous Brothers and so on.  He was also instrumental in the success of folk groups, too.

I remember the murder of Lana Clarkson but never watched any proceedings.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@skatting44   Agree and only 19 years old when he began his career with The Teddy Bears and "To Know Him is to Love Him".

He was involved in producing more music after his retirment from the industry in the mid-sixties including the Beatles (credit the success of the album "Let it Be to him), Leonard Cohen, Dion, Righteous Brothers and so on.  He was also instrumental in the success of folk groups, too.

I remember the murder of Lana Clarkson but never watched any proceedings.

He wore different wigs on  different days of the trial.

Respected Contributor

His "wall of sound" music was OUTSTANDING. 

I've read many books about Spector, the Ronettes, Darlene Love (who was the voice leading many of the so-called "girl groups"). . .

I was shocked when he was arrested for murder; I'm very shocked by the photos from the last decades.

I appreciate his marvelous musical work, however. 

But what a dreadful person.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe Nancy Sinatra was his girlfriend at one time (why???).