Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

He was threatening people with guns long before he murdered Lana Clarkson.  To appreciate his music is no different than appreciating John Gacy's paintings. 

@agb80   He was OBSESSED with guns....shooting them off in his drunken stupors all the time.   poor Lana Clarkson got one shot off in her mouth.... there are pictures of it online if you google from the court case.   Beautiful girl. 

Honored Contributor

Just because someone is very successful does not mean you should follow or emulate or idolize them. There are many personally rotten and evil people who also happen to be successful and talented. Same exact percentage of successful people are bad guys as unsuccessful people and middlingly successful people. People need to be careful about their idolization of someone based on creativity or success alone. Appreciate the talent and realize that most of the time you have no idea what any public figure is really like behind the scenes.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I believe Nancy Sinatra was his girlfriend at one time (why???).

Likely, she wanted him to  write or record a hit song for her.  I saw  a program abt him some time ago and he only recorded  certain singers . They had to have a certain quality to their singing .

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@red&curly drugs and alcohol the culprit?  think of ted kennedy

@tobes  He also had some kind of brain injury at one point in his life that some say changed him.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

No one deserves to die from Covid. I'm sorry he had to go that way. I hope he suffered as little as possible.

He sure did deserve to be in prison however. He murdered a woman and almost got away with it.

@Porcelain   The woman he murdered SUFFERED....I hope he suffers in Hell

Lana Clarkson was murdered in cold blood with a bullit to her brain while sitting in a chair in this monster's home, probably unaware of what spector was up to.   Spec. should have been punished by execution.  The guillotine would have been perfect for this monster.  I hope he thought about Lana and what he did to her every day of his life in prison.  

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Susan in California wrote:

He was a genius; a true artist.  I always wanted to thank him for his contributions to the music industry.

A person I respect said this:

"Such wonderful music that has consoled people and will forever.

Both Beatles and Beach Boys would not have been the same

without him.  They both said that. 

A real genius whose contribution will always be overshadowed by his faults."

@Susan in California  As it should be. Lana  Clarkson lost her life because of him....5426BB02-2FC7-48E3-8268-D2EE23AF623B.jpeg

Truly lovely.  That monster destroyed this person for no reason.   

Contributor

I GREW UP WITH PHIL SPECTER HE WAS MARRIED TO RONNIE OF THE RONETTES...PHIL WAS A GENIUS IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS VERY STRANGE MAN BUT STILL A GENIUS..Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

POOR BABY ...  And he was murderer