Honored Contributor

Re: Pet Peeve about posting on this forum

[ Edited ]

Exactly, and that is why i sometimes say ,just asking about , then the subject i am asking about.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I have found that many people are not clear in the question they may be asking, thus opening it up for a general discussion.  Discussions then tend to take on a life of their own.

When posting general complaints/warnings it is best to do so on the company sites.  That is where people who are considering their products/services will see it.  Posting such things on a discussion board, well open up a discussion.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

It's like talking to someone who is just waiting for you to finish so they can say whatever is on their mind - which may or may not have any relationship to what you were saying.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

"Use Other Door ---->" :  a sign on a door that people ignore all the time.

People don't read stuff, even when it's in their face. I can understand the frustration.

I took a test once and at the top it said just write your name and that was it and everyone failed because they didn’t read it lol 🤣

Respected Contributor

I agree that if someone specifically asks about a product they should get replies that are about that request.

I also see that that doesn’t always happen. 

‘I will do better at doing that.

I am the off topic queen lol🌸

Honored Contributor

It irks me when a poster asks for solutions for a problem.  One person lists some, then 2 or 3 others come along and repeat the same solutions like they were original ideas.  You'd think they were being paid on commission just for replying to posts..

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It irks me when a poster asks for solutions for a problem.  One person lists some, then 2 or 3 others come along and repeat the same solutions like they were original ideas.  You'd think they were being paid on commission just for replying to posts..

@Kachina624, chances are, they didn't read the thread before posting. With few exceptions, I always try to read or at least skim through replies before posting.

I do agree that you have to be tough-skinned to post about a problem here. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 You crack me up!🤣

It’s true.

Honored Contributor

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't read the thread before responding. 

If you're taking the time to respond to a thread, especially a lengthy one, chances are new information has been added and your answer may not even be relevant to the original post.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't read the thread before responding. 

If you're taking the time to respond to a thread, especially a lengthy one, chances are new information has been added and your answer may not even be relevant to the original post.

@Bri369 so true .

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee