Honored Contributor

Re: Pet Peeve about posting on this forum

@hckynut  - I enjoy your posts and I'm sure most would agree with me.  So keep posting away....long or short!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Reminds me of when I go to DQ "give me a cheeseburger, no mustard just onions".   What do I get ? A burger with enough mustard on it to stagger a buffalo.  Husband says people hear what they want to hear and that "no mustard" , to them, meant you wanted a ton of mustard.

Now, I just say cheeseburger with onion only. Nothing about mustard and so far it's been good. LOL

It's 1/2 listening and 1/2 guessing and then there's the people who don't put your full order in the bag.  Bummer!!  Of course, some of that ordering over those outside yell-in's....

Honored Contributor

Side bar:  in one English class I had, teacher handed out a test.  It revealed how well we read what was on the test.  It must have had 20 some questions.  Those that didn't read the top part, ended up making a chicken clucking sound when they got to that instruction. If they'd have read the top, it would have shot them to the last question, or instruction, to just set quietly in their chair, &/or read something for the time being.  I clucked.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Long posts, short posts, none of it is required reading. 

Honored Contributor

What bothers me is when l'll post an opinion, and people don't take it at face value. They read into it implications that don't exist. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

What bothers me is when l'll post an opinion, and people don't take it at face value. They read into it implications that don't exist. 

That is a well used tactic to take pot shots at posters and to drum up reasons to be outraged or snarky. Sometimes the replies to a fairly innocuous post are so hostile I have to think there is an ongoing conflict or dislike that underlies the exchange.

I try to bring an open mind and not let a poster's track record trigger an inappropriate reply from me. That is my intent but once we see how a poster operates, it can be hard not to let their cumulative posting history influence us.

I respect many posters who have differing opinions because they post kindly and without rancor.