Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I don't like anyone to wash their dirty hands in my kitchen sink.  I have a powder room steps away.  And, to go with that, I hate when anyone drys their hands on my clean kitchen towel..use a paper towel, please.

No one at my house does this, but my MIL used to brush her teeth in the kitchen!

When we got married, I told my DH that if ever did this, he would be cleaning his teeth in a cup for the rest of his life.  He has never tested the water...he knows better.

Am I the only one who has "levels" of dish towels?

Level one - purely decorative, hang over the oven door

Level two - white "flour sack" towels only used for drying dishes

Level three - a towel hanging off a towel bar on a cabinet door only used for drying my hands but also decorative (not level 1 quality 😁)

Level four - towels that should have been retired long ago but I use them to clean up messes on the floor, etc

Level five - paper towels, because sometimes that's the best choice for the task/mess at hand/foot

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha  Men (or boys) who don't take off their hats in the house. Who raised them?

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I don't like anyone to wash their dirty hands in my kitchen sink.  I have a powder room steps away.  And, to go with that, I hate when anyone drys their hands on my clean kitchen towel..use a paper towel, please.

No one at my house does this, but my MIL used to brush her teeth in the kitchen!

When we got married, I told my DH that if ever did this, he would be cleaning his teeth in a cup for the rest of his life.  He has never tested the water...he knows better.

Am I the only one who has "levels" of dish towels?

Level one - purely decorative, hang over the oven door

Level two - white "flour sack" towels only used for drying dishes

Level three - a towel hanging off a towel bar on a cabinet door only used for drying my hands but also decorative (not level 1 quality 😁)

Level four - towels that should have been retired long ago but I use them to clean up messes on the floor, etc

Level five - paper towels, because sometimes that's the best choice for the task/mess at hand/foot

Do you see the border cuff on those towels?  I have a few in my kitchen drawer where that is all that is left of those towels.  Quick for scrub on the carpet or some such chore.  I thought I was the only one who kept till there was nothing left to keep. 

Peacock Alley Coronado Towels

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Personal Pet Peeves

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I'm on a roll here.............

UPS, FEDX, not ringing doorbell to let you know you have a package sitting out there for the world to see.  I got my tomato plants yesterday and if I hadn't checked 'informed delivery' to give you some idea when they would be coming they would sit out there for couple of days.

I called up local office and said "why don't drivers ring the doorbell it's not hard and it's free"? they said "we thought they always do". I said not my house. We don't use front door that much to stumble over the stuff . 

My porch is a porch pirates dream. LOL

@SharkE 

Thats a pet peeve of mine too....now the UPS guys will KNOCK on the door and I appreciate that, but Amazon and USPS people wont (they said people complained that it disturbed them and others complained it woke up their babies/kids that were taking a nap.)..so I had a package that sat out in the rain yesterday....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I don't like anyone dropping by without an invitation (or phone call).

As for mainstream peeves, this would be a HUGE one for me.   I like manners and, IMO, just showing up at somebody's house does not illustrate good manners in the least.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

I have a friend who if I hand my phone to her to show a picture, she will scroll through surrounding pictures to see what else is there.

After a few instances of this, I no longer show her pictures in person.

Ok, that seems creepy and would bother me, too.   It's not like one might have anything to hide but it's just mega-intrusive.   

Can't blame you.  I wouldn't either.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

People taking food from my plate, even if it's just a French fry. 

Oh yes.   yick!   It's funny when you see, on a sitcom, where there is one character (Joey Tribbiani comes to mind, as well as a couple others) who cannot stand for people to do this and they kind of make it like he is some kind of freak.  No!  The freak is the one sticking his/her hands in your food!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Dog owners not picking up their dog's poop!!! 

I have a 10 pound Morkie,and I pick up after her 100% of the time.  Once, she had a stomach issue while out on a walk.  I ran out of bags I carried with me.  So I marked her last spot with a couple of pine cones and sticks, took her home, then I walked half a mile back with a bag to pick that last bit up.  

@Caaareful Shopper 

AMEN!!!!!!!  It's just all part of being a responsible pet parent---but some people are so inconsiderate!!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

People who are way too easily offended and have no sense of humor about themselves.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

People who are way too easily offended and have no sense of humor about themselves.

Are they really too early offended or is claiming that they are a way of excusing the offense?