Esteemed Contributor

@Kujo wrote:

Drivers who don't use their turn signals!

Although I have many, this one is tops for me.  I usually yell in my car at the driver saying....."I can't read your mind"!!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

There are pet peeves that are so blatant that most would agree  they are highly offensive.

Sometimes we have a peeve that would not bother some but, to us, it is a big deal.

I have a few but one that I really dislike is when someone comes into my home and places a handbag on my kitchen or dining table.  I can imagine how many yucky places it has been, including floors.  It is probably not a big deal for many, but not me.

@Mersha Where do you put your purse?

How about yours?

@Puppy Lips   It used to be hung on a door knob.

That does not work now with a 6 month old Lab puppy that gets into and can reach most things so it immediately goes in a closet.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Super Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I'm on a roll here.............

UPS, FEDX, not ringing doorbell to let you know you have a package sitting out there for the world to see.  I got my tomato plants yesterday and if I hadn't checked 'informed delivery' to give you some idea when they would be coming they would sit out there for couple of days.

I called up local office and said "why don't drivers ring the doorbell it's not hard and it's free"? they said "we thought they always do". I said not my house. We don't use front door that much to stumble over the stuff . 

My porch is a porch pirates dream. LOL

I brought up this very point once before and was told it was because of COVID.  The most popular theory was the drivers didn't want to touch the **mn doorbell.  Stupid.  They touch all the packages when they deliver but they can't ring a doorbell?  Again, stupid. 

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

Dog owners not picking up their dog's poop!!! 

I have a 10 pound Morkie,and I pick up after her 100% of the time.  Once, she had a stomach issue while out on a walk.  I ran out of bags I carried with me.  So I marked her last spot with a couple of pine cones and sticks, took her home, then I walked half a mile back with a bag to pick that last bit up.  

Honored Contributor

People who leave their shopping carts floating in the wind of the parking lot.  Especially the shoppers who have big grown teenager/children in the car with them.  How hard is it to put a cart back if you have your son or daughter with you?  Same parent probably as no problem telling said child to get the remote control to the television for them.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

UPS, FEDX, not ringing doorbell to let you know you have a package sitting out there for the world to see.  I got my tomato plants yesterday and if I hadn't checked 'informed delivery' to give you some idea when they would be coming they would sit out there for couple of days.

I called up local office and said "why don't drivers ring the doorbell it's not hard and it's free"? they said "we thought they always do". I said not my house. We don't use front door that much to stumble over the stuff . 

I brought up this very point once before and was told it was because of COVID.  The most popular theory was the drivers didn't want to touch the **mn doorbell.  Stupid.  They touch all the packages when they deliver but they can't ring a doorbell?  Again, stupid. 

Ain't that a load of bull !   My library just now letting you put your DVD's back in the inside trunk, since last yr we had to drive around the back of the building and put in drop off box where they laid for couple of days before the darlin's felt safe to take them out.

I guess when you go to pick up materials they're OK, but, when you bring them back they're all contaminated. Burns my rear. I have to pay 18 a yr. just to use the library since I live out  of county too!

Respected Contributor

Re: Personal Pet Peeves

[ Edited ]

I haven't had to deal with this in a while because of Covid, but the people who pull up in the "No Parking" zone of a store to drop someone off, put the car in park and sit there (blocking the entrance) and wait for that person to come back out ....

It's the "I don't care that anyone has to walk around my car to get into the store" mentality. But if you're going to wait, why can't you go find a spot until you see the person coming out ... or heaven forbid they walk to the car.

Honored Contributor

Re: Personal Pet Peeves

[ Edited ]

I don't like anyone to wash their dirty hands in my kitchen sink.  I have a powder room steps away.  And, to go with that, I hate when anyone drys their hands on my clean kitchen towel..use a paper towel, please.

No one at my house does this, but my MIL used to brush her teeth in the kitchen!

When we got married, I told my DH that if ever did this, he would be cleaning his teeth in a cup for the rest of his life.  He has never tested the water...he knows better.

Oh, one more.  I have bad knees and have a Handicap card for parking.  I don't always use it...only when I am REALLY in pain.  Most of the time, the handicapped spaces are filled with people who just park there because they want to.  They have no handicapped cards or license plates.  ( I always check when I walk pass them)

It seems there is fine for parking without a handicapped card or license,, but it is not enforced.  I have had to turn around and go home because I was unable go walk the great distance to get into the store.  I normally use the shopping cart as a walker to help me walk.  When I get home, I could cry from the pain of being on my legs so long.

Honored Contributor

I saw on the news while ago people that try to get on a plane with no mask, knowing that's the rule right now then want to attack, spit and urinate on the airplane personnel and have to be taken off the plane by the cops.

Or people who brings kids on the plane knowing they won't keep that mask on then they have to get off the plane when confronted.

Know the rules, folks, if you don't like or know you won't be able to abide by them, then, drive or don't go.

They're slapping folks now with 35,000 fine, and not allowed to fly any more they're going into not putting up with no more bull****.

This was on MSNBC by the way.

Respected Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

On the flip side, a lot of people don't like to be disturbed by a ringing doorbell. Those with sleeping babies or who work night shifts get annoyed by unnecessary ringing doorbells. My neighbor has a couple of dogs who go crazy when someone rings the doorbell, so she doesn't like it either.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu