Respected Contributor

There are pet peeves that are so blatant that most would agree  they are highly offensive.

Sometimes we have a peeve that would not bother some but, to us, it is a big deal.

I have a few but one that I really dislike is when someone comes into my home and places a handbag on my kitchen or dining table.  I can imagine how many yucky places it has been, including floors.  It is probably not a big deal for many, but not me.

How about yours?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Mine is don't come in my house and touch my stuff - pick it up, look at it and then don't put it back where and how I had it.

Respected Contributor

I don't like anyone dropping by without an invitation (or phone call).

Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend who if I hand my phone to her to show a picture, she will scroll through surrounding pictures to see what else is there.

After a few instances of this, I no longer show her pictures in person.

Honored Contributor

walmart customers not letting me get checked out before they throw their 'stuff' up on the belt and I have to grab a 'stick' to lay down and tell the cashier where my stuff ends and hers begins.

I check myself out more now at self service to avoid these hogs.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

when you go to pay your credit card balance in full. You hand them the bill and a check with the exact amount showing they match. People will say

"You want to pay the whole  amount"?

Uh, Yes, dumba*s that's why the check is for **.** and the bill from Visa is the same.   I mean ...............

banging head.gif

Honored Contributor

I'm on a roll here.............

UPS, FEDX, not ringing doorbell to let you know you have a package sitting out there for the world to see.  I got my tomato plants yesterday and if I hadn't checked 'informed delivery' to give you some idea when they would be coming they would sit out there for couple of days.

I called up local office and said "why don't drivers ring the doorbell it's not hard and it's free"? they said "we thought they always do". I said not my house. We don't use front door that much to stumble over the stuff . 

My porch is a porch pirates dream. LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Personal Pet Peeves

[ Edited ]

People taking food from my plate, even if it's just a French fry. 

Honored Contributor

Amen !

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

walmart customers not letting me get checked out before they throw their 'stuff' up on the belt and I have to grab a 'stick' to lay down and tell the cashier where my stuff ends and hers begins.

I check myself out more now at self service to avoid these hogs.

??? I always put the stick down as soon as I have unloaded my groceries onto the belt. Most people do the same, in my experience.

Except at my local Safeway (Albertsons). They don't allow you to unload your groceries until the person in front of you is finished. Stupid Covid rule.