Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

Would anyone besides me prefer that this kind of information be kept away from the press (ALL PRESS) until "the experts" got to chew on it a little bit?

THis statement horrifies me. 

I don't want any kind of information kept from the press and I want the press to present all information about this event. 

"The Experts" aren't the only ones with minds and ideas, and sharing broadly can have great results with people coming up with input and solutions in any kind of issue. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Longhorn Gal wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

Hm, well it is an  antihistamine. 

@wildlifewitch    Are you trying to be funny?  It is not an antihistamine; it's an anacid.

@Kachina624 FYI Histamine2 tells the stomach to make acid. Antacids like Zantac, Pepcid, and others block H2.  Therefore, they are antihistamines as well.  My allergy doctor tells me to take OTC Zantac if my allergies get bad.  

Yes Pepcid is a H2 histamine blocker.  Seems my cardiologist was a fan too for some reason.

But it's more important virtue, compared to older blockers, is that it can be taken with Warferin.  Make sure to check with your doctor to confirm.

Honored Contributor

@Longhorn Gal    I stand corrected.  It is an. Antihistime of sorts; I must say a consistent daily dose has done nothing for my allergies.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch    Other than to tell you that you are beyond rude, I won't comment.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 How does it feel?

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch   How does what feel?????  Controversy is what makes life interesting; rudeness does not.

Valued Contributor

You can twist it however you like. You are usually rude and disrespectful here. I'm simply doing unto others. You won't bully me. 

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch 

It is a NOT an antihistamine it is a histime blocker there is a difference, it reduces stomach acid not sneezing, I have never heard it used and an antihistamine, I have horrible allergies so I would know 

Pepcid (famotidine) is a histamine -2 blocker that works by decreasing the amount of acid the stomach produces. Pepcid is used to treat and prevent ulcers in the stomach and intestines. It also treats conditions in which the stomach produces too much acid, such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Kachina624 You always think you know it all. It is most certainly an antihiastamine used in that manner in ERs. It is anantacid as well. Do your homrework before you post.

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@Kachina624 You always think you know it all. It is most certainly an antihiastamine used in that manner in ERs. It is anantacid as well. Do your homrework before you post.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.