Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:
"Can't get Pepcid anywhere now."

If someone needs it, it's available on Walmart's website. There's quite the variety...berry flavored, mint, tropical fruit, maximum strength, chewable, and plenty of generic as well. 

I have no interest in it but looked out of curiosity. 

@SusieQ_2    I don't think that's Pepcid.  I've taken it quite awhile and it's a tiny white non-chewable pill.  I could find very little Pepcid or generic on Walmart or Amazon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

Hm, well it is an  antihistamine. 

@wildlifewitch    Are you trying to be funny?  It is not an antihistamine; it's an anacid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant 

I have been taking prescriptions Nexium(and generic)for many years, mainly for my Barrett's Esophagus. Can't remember any time in my adult life where I needed anything because of a stomach issue.

Only reasons came after my 1st Endo, that I had only because my brother-in-law had Esophageal Cancer. I had absolutely no symptoms of anything, but! Results were surprising, no shocking. Here is the list of things the Endoscopy discovered.

1) GERD

2) Inflammed Esophagus 

3) Hiatal Hernia 

4) Barrett's Esophagus 

Don't know much about the Pepcid or Prilosec.

hckynut🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

The internet has many benefits, but the village gossip rumor mill that drives mass irrational behavior aspect to it is awful.

By the way, I have acid reflux and I use a completely different method to control it successfully. If you need pepcid and can't find it and you're desperate, you could try Zinc L Carnosine, aka PepZinGI. It's prescribed for acid reflux in Japan. It works great for me. BUT I AM SURE IT IS NOT A CURE FOR COVID-19. So I only bring it up in case someone needs Pepcid and can't find any at the moment.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:
"Can't get Pepcid anywhere now."

If someone needs it, it's available on Walmart's website. There's quite the variety...berry flavored, mint, tropical fruit, maximum strength, chewable, and plenty of generic as well. 

I have no interest in it but looked out of curiosity. 

@SusieQ_2    I don't think that's Pepcid.  I've taken it quite awhile and it's a tiny white non-chewable pill.  I could find very little Pepcid or generic on Walmart or Amazon.

@Kachina624 , I don't know much about it as I don't use it but this is the package, one of many, being offered on Walmart's website. The other flavors I mentioned are also called Pepcid which seems like a brand name and not something that could be arbitrarily used by other companies.

Pepcid AC Maximum Strength for Heartburn Prevention & Relief, 50 ct.

Either way, I hope you and others who use it won't have a hard time getting it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Watch, some idiot will swallow a fist full of Pepcid, all because they heard on the news that mega dose of it will cure Covid.

Just wait.

I have to admit that I was thinking the same thing!! Smiley Frustrated Smiley Surprised

I appreciate the OP letting us all know about this, as I take this medication myself for Acid Reflux. 

I find it quite sad that people are running out and doing these kinds of things when they hear something about a trial medicine being used on the news. 

It's not even in the right form of the medication and the proper dose, but that's not stopping people anyway. 

The people who are doing this are actually preventing those who really need it for Acid Reflux disease from being able to find it and get it, since there's a run on it now. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

And now.....a run on Pepcid.  Sigh

Exactly!  people see on TV, tell their friends and family everybody jumps on the band wagon. Then the searches start on the internet, none to be found,

then here comes the scalpers.

Will it never end ?  Wish people would quit reporting this on TV. It will be by prescription only, now.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 You always think you know it all. It is most certainly an antihiastamine used in that manner in ERs. It is anantacid as well. Do your homrework before you post.

Respected Contributor

There is a Pepcid Complete version.  It is like a Tums with 10 mg of famotidine in it.  It helps heartburn with the calcium and the famotidine.   These are made in different flavors.  Then there are also the plain Pepcid tablets which are only famotidine.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

Hm, well it is an  antihistamine. 

@wildlifewitch    Are you trying to be funny?  It is not an antihistamine; it's an anacid.

@Kachina624 FYI Histamine2 tells the stomach to make acid. Antacids like Zantac, Pepcid, and others block H2.  Therefore, they are antihistamines as well.  My allergy doctor tells me to take OTC Zantac if my allergies get bad.