Honored Contributor

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

He's looking a lot older that that pic now, preds. He's always been a major crush for me Smiley Happy

Darn Katharine Ross Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:
He's looking a lot older that that pic now, preds. He's always been a major crush for me Smiley Happy

Darn Katharine Ross Smiley Sad

He still looks pretty darn good to me.  I love it when TMZ catches him out and about.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I know tansy, but I'll take him at any age/look.  Love his voice, too! 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I saw some clips of him on TMZ and he is a very slender man -skinny now but his voice is still the same...swooningHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

As someone who is sometimes less than kind to other posters (I admit that some posts just rile me up), I applaud the new moderation.  Mods really seem to ****** it before or just after it gets ugly. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

sorry ladies..he is mine!!!!Smiley Happy

I claimed him first..lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:
I have been posting here since before the last big change in 2004. I never found it necessary to become involved in the daily dramas or snarkfests. It was easy to skip over that stuff and still I managed to get just under 20,000 posts.

I find there is now a new kind of bully on the boards, those that literally think they're holier than thou. They're quick to reprimand anyone they think is "out of line" and try to win favor with the monitors by congratulating them when they delete a post. They are fast turning these boards into a "us versus them" situation, which is just as bad as what we had before.

Thank you.  Unwittingly I think, the moderators have handed this new bully clique a perfect, gift-wrapped weapon. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@dc2004 wrote:
I think it's that people would like to stay at this party, but the rules feel too cumbersome to them. They don't want to leave.

I will admit it's hard to feel welcome when there are so many poofed posts and threads throughout the boards. Our words are being read and monitored more closely than any other website I've been on.

Well, my feeling on this is that if you don't like it here, then go to the other places to post as you wish. 

I would much rather they watch the boards closely than to have what it had gotten to be the other way.......

Esteemed Contributor

SE - oh, be still my heart!!    Loved him dancing with Patrick Swayze's girlfriend in "Road House"....