Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,108
Registered: ‎03-03-2011

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards


@Pqfan wrote:

The problem is there are some posters that think they are moderators. So we wind up having triple the staff! LOL! 


ITA!!!! And the "self appointed board monitors" are  the funniest! Like the hall monitors in school. They lecture people on their opinions. Who the heck needs that? Not me! I'll read an opinion but not a lecture from one of these mod wannabes. I just LOL at them! Where's that IGNORE button???? Please bring it BACK!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,126
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards


@silkyk wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

The problem is there are some posters that think they are moderators. So we wind up having triple the staff! LOL! 


ITA!!!! And the "self appointed board monitors" are  the funniest! Like the hall monitors in school. They lecture people on their opinions. Who the heck needs that? Not me! I'll read an opinion but not a lecture from one of these mod wannabes. I just LOL at them! Where's that IGNORE button???? Please bring it BACK!


Yes, I so agree. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,920
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

Not sure the purpose of this discussion.  Rules and standards can be changed if they are found to not be working.  If this truley is a "community"  both the positive and negative aspects can and should be discussed.  How else are things to improve?  You can be grateful and enjoy the boards while striving to improve them.  Never saw the sign "my way or the highway" anywhere from QVC (just some posters).

Don't be so afraid of dying that you forget how to live.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,779
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

I have posted on these boards for years and look at it primarily as entertainment. I have noticed those posters who think or behave as if they are moderators and I don't need an ignore button to ignore them. The only ones I will take direction from are the official moderators of this board and appreciate their input. The others..............well they're just sad folks who need another hobby.


'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor
Posts: 56,950
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

At some point the OP asked 'why'...  

 

Because dialog and discussion should still be the order of the day and IF too strict imposition or interpretation of the standards serves unduly limiting then it bears review... Boards are about discussion and conversation, or should be


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,886
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

I really can't say that people start threads to challenge the moderators but if they do people have the choice to report it or ignore it.

There are a lot of threads here that I never open because I'm not interested.   But a lot of times people don't like a subject (and it doesn't have to be polictics) and make comments to start an argument to get the thread taken down.  I can understand if people give their view that they are not interested or don't like the subject of thread but then why keep going back to it. They are not interested in topic but they keep going back to say they are not interested and the thread should be taken down?

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,016
Registered: ‎03-30-2011

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

[ Edited ]

Honestly, I don't see that people are brown-nosing or trying to be teacher's pet or any of the various other put-down names some have thrown out there in the past. 

 

What I see is that people who genuinely want a fun place to come and hang out and read and want to be positive and kind now have that kind of arena to work with.  I find I come and post and read a lot more now because of the newer commitment that the monitors have to keep this a contentious-free place to be.  I don't see the long threads that descend into insults and jibes at each other for some perceived insult or fights about other community board members being slung about either.  Its a nicer place to be. 

 

Regarding the rules being to strict or cumbersome, I know for a fact that we have rules we have to abide by in life situations and jobs all of the time.  Especially at entertainment events and even in jobs, the rules are there for everyone to enjoy and they help, not hinder, that enjoyment.  Many times the rules had to be instituted because others didn't want to abide by any guidelines and they created havoc enough that guidelines had to be established, at others expense.  Its the way of life really. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 3,874
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards


June2 wrote:
You are a guest here. If you decide to stay, there are standards and rules to follow by the host. If the standards are too strict.....the door is open. To challenge this or start threads against standards just why? QVC does not have to have these boards. We should be grateful for them, enjoy them, use them and not challenge them. That's all.

 

June, has it occurred to you that others who use these boards may feel differently about the current atmosphere and (what some consider) preoccupation with "rules and standards"?  You are perfectly entitled to your opinion......but please don't try to tell others what they should or shouldn't discuss or challenge.  Other people have rights to their opinions just as you do!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,305
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards


@goodstuff wrote:

@June2 wrote:
You are a guest here. If you decide to stay, there are standards and rules to follow by the host. If the standards are too strict.....the door is open. To challenge this or start threads against standards just why? QVC does not have to have these boards. We should be grateful for them, enjoy them, use them and not challenge them. That's all.

 

June, has it occurred to you that others who use these boards may feel differently about the current atmosphere and (what some consider) preoccupation with "rules and standards"?  You are perfectly entitled to your opinion......but please don't try to tell others what they should or shouldn't discuss or challenge.  Other people have rights to their opinions just as you do!


ITA!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: People with issues with the new community boards and standards

I've been posting since 2004 even though it now says posting since 2013 and never really spent that much time  on the boards, simply because I didn't have the time. Now that I am retired I have plenty of time to check in and peruse the boards. Even though I think the moderators are too strict and you have to watch every word you say, I don't miss those posters who were snarky and pointed out posters errors in grammer. I do miss the heated views on politics and daily happenings around the world. I'm trying to get Evine Live to start their own forum, maybe if enough people go on their facebook page and request a forum they may just do it. Hopefully they won't be as up tight as the Q and those who don't mind being so censored can be happy on the Q forum.