Honored Contributor

Re: People are strange, life is insane

You're right, @on the bay 

Keep looking for the good, though. Clearly, it's been harder to find since we seem to be bombarded with horrible news so often. There was, thank goodness, a positive legal ruling today.

Do your best to keep your own balance, too. I actually do a small, symbolic yet physical version of that by trying to walk on a curb without falling off. Good for the core, too. I'm getting better!

I've heard it said that, "You cannot get poor enough to help poor people thrive or sick enough to help sick people get well."

Take care.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

One of my biggest concerns is with how people are mentally handling the impact of Covid.   

I am very concerned about several friends and relatives who are struggling, and showing early to strong signs of mental decline because of their fear and isolation in this pandemic.   

An older family friend was diagnosed with Covid, and ended up in the hospital receiving more extended treatment for her mental attitude about having the virus, than for the actual virus.   We're hoping she will continue to meet with a counselor as an outpatient, to get herself grounded and back to normal.   I've never seen anything like her situation before!

Honored Contributor

@RedTop,

I think a lot of people who are isolated are feeling that way.

I don't think there's ever been anything like this in our lifetime.

Not even during polio.

Maybe the Spanish flu but not many are alive who remember that.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Anyway, @RedTop,

I hope she feels better and has people including you to help her feel better and not alone. My mother had covd too and was very depressed when she had to be isolated at her assisted living. It is sad for everyone.

She felt better when she could see her family again.

I hope she will be ok.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Truthfully, I don't hold out much hope for people, the country or society in general at this point.

It is not a few thousand folks that are looney, it is millions.  And a few aren't just everyday people, it is people with money and power too.

I've said it before, you could tell them the moon is made of green cheese and they wouldn't question it in the least, it would be gospel to them

If I could have seen 2021 way back when I got married, I probably would not have had kids. I'm closing in on the end of my life but I worry about leaving my middle aged kids with this insane asylum mess we live in.

If I could triple heart you, I would.