Valued Contributor

Most people already have internet service for their computer, iPads etc , so I don't really count that against the streaming services . If I had no streaming l would still have high speed internet !

Valued Contributor

I've been watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Peacock. I lalways watched that show with my parents and loved the twists at the end. Doubt that I'd pay for an upgrade for that service, As part of my retro summer, I'm enjoying The Fugitive on Pluto, also free.

Can't think of anything I need cable for. Over the air TV is free, and no one in my household watches sports. An exception was the last game of the World Series in 2021.

If you are posting here you most likely have internet already so that's not an extra cost, unless you only access QVC via your mobile phone carrier. 

My "aspirational" streaming service is Apple One. Lots to watch, music, podcasts, news, games, and 1T cloud storage. Maybe next year ...

Honored Contributor

Re: Peacock Streaming

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

You don't necessarily need internet to stream. You can use your phone's data plan if it's sufficient enough.

FYI, for those of us who get Peacock for free through Comcast Infinity, it's been announced that this perk is going away shortly. Last I saw no firm end date but it's on the way out...

The problem is many Provider's phone data plans are limited, I know my carrier did away with the unlimited data plan 😥 And a friend's Provider never offered it and never will.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Peacock Streaming

[ Edited ]

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

I've been watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Peacock. I lalways watched that show with my parents and loved the twists at the end. Doubt that I'd pay for an upgrade for that service, As part of my retro summer, I'm enjoying The Fugitive on Pluto, also free.

Can't think of anything I need cable for. Over the air TV is free, and no one in my household watches sports. An exception was the last game of the World Series in 2021.

If you are posting here you most likely have internet already so that's not an extra cost, unless you only access QVC via your mobile phone carrier. 

My "aspirational" streaming service is Apple One. Lots to watch, music, podcasts, news, games, and 1T cloud storage. Maybe next year ...

If you are a sports fan, like me, I need cable to watch The Ballysports Channel and my local NBA Spur's games, and for live NFL games on Sundays on the broadcast channels........

You can watch Alfred Hitchcock on METV 12AM CT weekdays and 12AM Sundays CT

There's a difference in internet when you are just writing a post on a Forum or an email, or continuously streaming there have been many problems with people complaining about buffering and blocking with lower internet speeds....in particular if several people are simultaneously streaming

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”