Honored Contributor

In case anyone is interested Jill Martin on the Today Show was offering Peacock for a year at $22 56% off regularly $49.99 (it expires either tonight or tomorrow). It's a good deal, but Peacock doesn't appeal to me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Peacock Streaming

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 We have Peacock as part of our cable package & honestly, I wasn't that taken with it but they do NBC shows so if I missed one during it's regular broadcast it shows up on Peacock.  

Honored Contributor

It's free with my cable package.  It's just NBC programs so I rarely watch it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

In case anyone is interested Jill Martin on the Today Show was offering Peacock for a year at $22 56% off regularly $49.99 (it expires either tonight or tomorrow). It's a good deal, but Peacock doesn't appeal to me.

@Jordan2 

By the time you add in the cost of the internet (costs can range anywhere from $49, $79, all the way up to $180) and then add the costs of all these streaming services people who cut the cord are adding as a viewing option in order to find something to watch that appeals to them ....more and more the prices are inching up more and more to what cable costs before the cord was cut....SMH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
@Spurt
$22 is cheap for a YEAR. Less than $2/mo.

I don’t think there is anything I want on Peacock. We get HBO max, Disney+, Netflix, Amazon. Will probably add Paramount at some point.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurt I didn't think $22 for a year was a lot about $2.64 a month. I pay like $16 alone a month for Netflix so this is a bargain.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 

What Im talking about is dont forget to add in the cost of the internet and the costs of all these streaming services. More and more the prices are inching up to what cable costs before the cord was cut....SMH!

Capture.PNG

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Well, HBO is part of my cell plan. Amazon is included with prime, which a pay for anyway because I order ALOT. So we only pay Disney and Netflix as extras. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Yes, it can add up if you have a bunch of them. I know Netflix is going up a couple of dollars I’m ok with that. I use it. Just finished Stranger Things 👍

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Spurt
$22 is cheap for a YEAR. Less than $2/mo.

I don’t think there is anything I want on Peacock. We get HBO max, Disney+, Netflix, Amazon. Will probably add Paramount at some point.

@bikerbabe @Jordan2 

What Im saying is folks are going to need a good internet service in order to stream and also prevent buffering or blocking, and you need to make sure their are no data cap limits if this will be your prime method for viewing your entertainment....dont forget what you are paying for internet ......

This is an example of what Im talking about: One needs to include that cost along with what you are paying for streaming packages. And can people watch different streaming services on more than one device at the same time---that also adds to the internet cost...

You might be paying $50 for internet PLUS $2 for Peacock, $10 for Netflix, $10 HBO Max, $8 Disney Plus, $5 Paramont, Amazon Membership to get Prime $14.99 so you are paying $99.99 for your internet and streaming services OR if you need a stronger internet service $79 a month you are paying $ 128.99 a month for all the entertainment packages including internet.....For me Id have to include another $7 for ESPN for sports so it would cost me $135.99 ......I pay $139 for cable and get a lot more options TCM, Live sports, Red Zone, NFL Network, Ballysports (all NBA Spurs games) ....this is what Im talking about you got to make a true comparison in other words because some of these streaming services a dollar here 5 there, $7 there... add them all up and compare.... if you like watching live TV, cable is one of the only options that has everything, from sports games to award shows to news coverage.

https://www.catv.org/reasons-not-to-cut-the-cord-yet/

Honored Contributor

You don't necessarily need internet to stream. You can use your phone's data plan if it's sufficient enough.

FYI, for those of us who get Peacock for free through Comcast Infinity, it's been announced that this perk is going away shortly. Last I saw no firm end date but it's on the way out...