Honored Contributor

Just had lunch and some peaches and blueberries for dessert.

I don't know about where you are, but the peaches I've gotten from our local farmers have been OUTSTANDING this year!!!

Just wanted to say YUM YUM!!

Honored Contributor

I love peaches so much!   They smell so delightful, too, so I really enjoy that.

I don't even make anything with them.  I like them cold so I refrigerate them then cut them, slice them, remove the skin (no can do on the fuzzy skin!), cut into bite-size pieces, and eat out of a bowl.

Waiting for my neighbor to come home with the annual peaches from their son in Utah.  They are so good!   They always bring me a bag, which is so kind and sweet.   I appreciate it so much.

Respected Contributor

I honestly thought you were calling me.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Yeah, I cut slice them up (after removing the fuzz!) and put them in a bowl.  Today I had some blueberries, so I tossed them in the bowl, too.

I only buy peaches by the smell!!!  No peachy aroma, no sale!!!

Oh, and I often eat them right out of hand, peachy fuzz and all.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm so jealous.  I haven't had a good peach or nectrine this year.  I don't like canned or frozen so I've really been broken hearted.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

OT, but..I used to work with a guy who kind of gave me the creeps who called me Peaches (no matter how many times I told him my name).

One day I came to work and heard he wasn't coming in since he got picked up for beating up his wife AGAIN.

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

I'm so jealous.  I haven't had a good peach or nectrine this year.  I don't like canned or frozen so I've really been broken hearted.

@Preds 

I'm sorry!!!

I bought some at the grocery store that were awful.  I don't know where they were from.

SInce then I've only gotten them at the farmers' market.

Valued Contributor

I make my mom's peach pie recipe every year when the peaches come in at the farm around the corner.  It's my favorite thing .  So good!

Honored Contributor

We have a peach stand that sells the most delicious peaches.  You have to buy a bag, though, and I can't eat that many.  I've shared them with people, but it's kind of a waste for me.  I love them though.  I've never bought a good peach in the grocery store.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

*++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++@Glittergal wrote:

I make my mom's peach pie recipe every year when the peaches come in at the farm around the corner.  It's my favorite thing .  So good!

@Glittergal 

I haven't had peach pie in ions!!!!

When I was a kid, my family vacationed on Cape Cod and there was a woman in town who made pies out of her home.  After a long "hard" beach day (hahahaha), we often stopped at her home to pick up a chicken pot pie and a blueberry pie (the best blueberry pie I have EVER had in my life) and she also made a fantastic Peach Pie. 

Oh, to be back on Cape Cod by the shore in those days and stopping at the Pie Lady's place.

Heaven!,