Honored Contributor

I have checked the PP website and cannot seem to find an answer so I'm asking here.  Does anyone know if by any chance PayPal offers some type of protection if a package is stolen?

I had a package delivered and it was stolen off our front porch.  The whole thing was picked up by our Ring camera and the authorities have the video.  I'm just wondering if PayPal offers any type of insurance for this. 

I know some credit cards do and Amazon does. Just wondering about PP.  TIA 

Honored Contributor

Re: PayPal and Stolen Package

@Lipstickdiva.  Contact them and ask?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

From what I read on the site it only covers if it is not delivered, damaged or significantly different than what you thought.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Last year I had a Lands End package stolen from my porch.  I called Lands End and they replaced the items for me.  Pretty good, huh?  Maybe give it a try with your seller.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

From what I read on the site it only covers if it is not delivered, damaged or significantly different than what you thought.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

@beckyb1012 , this is what I found as well.  

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Last year I had a Lands End package stolen from my porch.  I called Lands End and they replaced the items for me.  Pretty good, huh?  Maybe give it a try with your seller.

@Another new name Sue I did e-mail the seller and received an automated response that they are overwhelmed with orders and will respond as soon as they can.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Time will tell.  I hope it works for you.  

I didn't have a police report or anything.  They replaced without much comment, but it was not a large order, just a couple items.  They may not have been so willing if it was a lot to replace.

Honored Contributor

I expect if it was a large order, that homeowner's insurance would pay for it after the deductible and whether or not you have a deductible for theft.

Respected Contributor

If you don't use a credit card to pay for on-line purchases, you're foolish.  Your credit card protects you from having to pay for items that you don't receive for any reason.  The video from the Ring camera would be a slam dunk in the dispute with the credit card issuer..

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   Why didn't you CALL PP?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif