Regular Contributor

What with this holiday season and all the busy days ahead of us all, I find myself pause more, to take a breath and give thanks daily. To take time to focus what's really around me. Whether it's for my family, health, food on the table and a roof over our heads, or something so simple as watching the birds and squirrels busy in the yard, the wagging tail of our dog Tizzy, just happy to be with us. The year goes so fast, and here we are again in a season that should be filled with joy and hope and love. So I pause and give thanks for big and small things in my life, things that cost nothing, but are priceless to me. How have you paused today to take notice of the many blessings you have around you?

Esteemed Contributor

This is a very thoughtful post, poshmini. Sometimes we have so many problems to deal with, that we just don't think enough about the good things we also have. And sometimes the problems happen because we have a good thing. Kind of like the saying about you have to experience the bad to appreciate the good.

If this doesn't make sense, I just mean, as an example, I have a wonderful little 16-year old cat that has had kidney disease for 3 years and 8 months, fluid treatments 2-3 times a week for all that time, bloodwork, medications, visits to the Pet Emergency Hospital, and all the worry and financial burden that this entails. But I am so thankful for every additional day I have with her. If I didn't have her, I wouldn't have the problems, but look what I would have missed!

So I guess life is like that... good things can bring problems, we just need to be sure and appreciate those good things and good people in our lives every day. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

A wonderful reminder.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Regular Contributor

Thank you kittymonNC and ury , for your kind words, and taking time to respond. I hope you both have a wonderful holiday season. And kittymomNC God bless you, for being such a wonderful caring soul and "Mom" to your dear cat.

Trusted Contributor

Happy Holidays to all who post and read this. Blessings to you all.

Respected Contributor

Great subject for a post!

Valued Contributor

What a lovely post. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy every moment and be thankful.