Valued Contributor

I feel so sorry for Pat James Dementri. She posted that she lost her GSD Misty after 13 years of having her. I lost my GSD a few years ago. They are such great dogs! My thoughts are with you Pat. Misty looked like a sweetie, and a loyal companion./></p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

Honored Contributor

I hope that in time, Pat takes comfort in knowing that she moved heaven and earth to keep Misty comfortable (hydrotherapy for her arthritis) and that Misty lived the life of a most cherished companion.

13 years is remarkable for a German Shepherd and I am so very sorry for Pat's loss.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

I agree! My German Shepherd lived a very short live compared to other breeds. He was protective to a fault. German Shepherd's are such beautiful dogs. That is so sweet that Pat did hydrotherapy for Misty...I'm sure Misty had a great 13 years!!

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for her loss. I was just having a conversation about the longevity of GSDs with my husband as ours is going to be 5 this year.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I saw this on FB yesterday and it broke my heart. Pat did everything she could for this dog.

How very sad.

Super Contributor

It is so very hard when our furbabies cross over the Rainbow Bridge, regardless of the situation. Her dog was quite beautiful! I wish Pat and her family peace and comfort in their dear memories of Misty.

Esteemed Contributor

Misty was a member of the family..so sorry Pat! Sending love and hugs to you and your daughter!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

So sorry for Pat and her daughter. So hard to lose a beloved pet.