Respected Contributor

Re: Panic is building at Costco

@scatcat wrote:

4 check out lanes open? Really Costco?

At our Costco this was the case last week. Yes, 4 lanes.

Respected Contributor

Just back from my Costco, lots of people shopping. They opened all the lanes, and we passed through quite quickly.  I love their efficiency at our store.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

They don't sell alcohol in Costco, BJ's by me. Nor do they have self scanners.

ah yes our wonderful liquor laws,  I think the Wayne store has liquor , state has a limit of 2 stores per chain.. 

@jackthebear. Yup, the wonderful liquor laws! Now I am in NY right over the border and have almost the same laws. Can't get away from them.

we shop in the Nauet Costco all the time 

there is a movement trying to reform the liquor laws,  though 

@jackthebear.  That's the one we use. Interesting about the liquor laws. Hope they change them.

Honored Contributor

@riley1Thanks.  I went to Costco this afternoon.  Busy, but not even as busy as many ordinary Saturdays around here.  I was in and back in my car in just under a half hour. 

Respected Contributor

I know I have absolutely zero patience espcially in stores that should be fully staffed to cut down in wait time.  Many times after putting items in my cart, I've walked out when lines or line were backed up.  My husband does the regular grocery shopping, fortunately!  

Valued Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

With all there is to be upset about in the world right now, a check out line would be at the bottom of my list.

ETA,  But, then, I am a chatter and always just talk to people in line while I am waiting.

GREAT post. Some people get so worked up about trivial things.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

They don't sell alcohol in Costco, BJ's by me. Nor do they have self scanners.

ah yes our wonderful liquor laws,  I think the Wayne store has liquor , state has a limit of 2 stores per chain.. 

@jackthebear. Yup, the wonderful liquor laws! Now I am in NY right over the border and have almost the same laws. Can't get away from them.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21. I miss my shopping buddy too. My mom and I enjoyed going to Costco shopping and getting a hot dog 😢

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't read every post, but am still not sure why anyone is "panicking" at Costco or anywhere else.  This time of year it takes twice the normal time for shopping ... or better to allow three times.   It's always been like that ...  it's nothing new.

Esteemed Contributor

My local grocery looks like everyone is in a panic.  People are racing through the aisles and this is early am.  Much too crowded for my taste.