Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Be still my heart, I used to collect Panda objects when I was younger (candle, jewelry, pictures) so whenever I see Panda Bears my heart just melts (there really is no other word to use), thanks for making my day!

Me too. Still do. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

I was at that Chinese zoo on March 14.  Its a wonderful preserve so I'm sure the three new additions will be very happy.  Over the last 17 years the Chinese have increased the world panda population from 900 to 3000.

Honored Contributor

This isn't exactly on topic but I just had the thought of naming a black and white cat or dog, Pandy. I knew a lady with that name many years ago.   

Honored Contributor

Those are adorable pictures!  I go to Zoo Atlanta's website every day to watch the Panda Cam with the twins and their mom Lun Lun.  I love watching them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

So sweet......Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@NickNack  They are so cute, aren't they.  I just read today where they are starting to "cub proof" one of the outddor habitats.  It will be the one closest to the dayrooms so the cubs can go back in if they wish.  Will be fun to watch them outdoors, too!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@NickNack  They are so cute, aren't they.  I just read today where they are starting to "cub proof" one of the outddor habitats.  It will be the one closest to the dayrooms so the cubs can go back in if they wish.  Will be fun to watch them outdoors, too!Cat Very Happy

@Pandalady  I read that, too.  I'm excited about seeing them outside.  I always look forward to the twice weekly updates from the keepers.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I was at that Chinese zoo on March 14.  Its a wonderful preserve so I'm sure the three new additions will be very happy.  Over the last 17 years the Chinese have increased the world panda population from 900 to 3000.

Wonderful you saw their zoo @patbz!

Beautiful thread @KingstonsMom!

Esteemed Contributor

What is about them that captures our hearts?  I adore them and seeing the baby cubs brings tears to my eyes.  Fascinating that they know "hugging."

The National Zoo's Bao Bao was recently sent to China and I could not watch the plane take off without crying. 

I've always wanted to believe that they would be gentle creatures, even full grown.  But, I'm not sure I'd have enough nerve to hug a big one!

Honored Contributor

Re: Panda Love!

[ Edited ]

@Pandalady wrote:

@KingstonsMom   Thank you for thinking of me, friend! Heart Absolutely loved the panda wrapped around the leg!Cat Very Happy

@Pandalady   and other Panda lovers!

More Panda Love from the Atlanta Zoo!

Ya Lun and Xi Lun (pictured) explored their outdoor habitat for the first time Monday

The two cubs (pictured) were born at Zoo Atlanta on September 3 last year and had yet to leave their enclosure 

The adorable cubs wandered into the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation Giant Panda Conservation Center - much to the delight of zoo officials

'One important step for them spending time outside is that we have to make sure they can climb out of the dry moat in the outdoor habitat on their own,' keeper Shauna explained 

The World Wildlife Fund said there are currently 1,864 left in the wild. Conservative efforts have led to the numbers increases by about 17 per cent in the past decade

Cute video of them venturing out of their enclosure for the frist time!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4358336/Seven-month-old-giant-pandas-outside-time.html

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.