Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible


@VaBelle35 wrote:

Was it last season the woman who made her own textiles and worked with feathers and had a very Navaho-type style won and the judges were all gaga over her stuff.  It was only because it was original and something new that they hadn't seen.

 

Everyone is making pencil skirts and LBDs.  It gets old for the judges.  They are just happen sometimes to see something new come down the runway and try to encourage that by giving wins.  

 

It's not always what's wearable or what looks the nicest.




 

VaBelle, I think that was 2-3 seasons ago. She was the runner up to Michelle who somehow got a "save" before the Tim Gunn Save was instituted. I really liked Michelle's fashion sense and was glad she won. 

 

That said, I loved the American Indian woman's designs. Sometimes they were a bit off the wall, but I thoughts she had a clear idea of who she was and she was very creative. More thatn most, she just had to go with that her inner creative self was telling her. -- I googled her after PR and really liked the fashion line on her website. 

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,420
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible

Blake Patterson's Season 14 Episode 4 Final Look

 

Brought to you by Blake, the boy who cannot tell time.

 

I loved when they lifted the necklace.  The neckline wasn't a mess because it had blood on it.  It was a mess because it was unfinished.

 

Rewarding this effort was truly the sin of the season.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible

 

I think this episode may finally prod me into quitting Runway after watching every single episode.  It just isn't fun anymore and I have better things to do with my time.  I can deal with low-no talent designers and insane challenges but there's no excuse for poor judging.

 

FWIW, my favorite look this episode was the cute tee and pants outfit.  I thought it combined all the (conflicting and not well defined) challenge elements of reworking a basic, the NYC skyline and the Mary Kay girl who has always been the girl next door type.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,358
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible


@coldlake wrote:

 

I think this episode may finally prod me into quitting Runway after watching every single episode.  It just isn't fun anymore and I have better things to do with my time.  I can deal with low-no talent designers and insane challenges but there's no excuse for poor judging.

 

FWIW, my favorite look this episode was the cute tee and pants outfit.  I thought it combined all the (conflicting and not well defined) challenge elements of reworking a basic, the NYC skyline and the Mary Kay girl who has always been the girl next door type.


 

 

I was losing interest too but last week's

episode with the 2 team projects was

excellent!

😊


••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible


@newziesuzie wrote:

@coldlake wrote:

 

I think this episode may finally prod me into quitting Runway after watching every single episode.  It just isn't fun anymore and I have better things to do with my time.  I can deal with low-no talent designers and insane challenges but there's no excuse for poor judging.

 

FWIW, my favorite look this episode was the cute tee and pants outfit.  I thought it combined all the (conflicting and not well defined) challenge elements of reworking a basic, the NYC skyline and the Mary Kay girl who has always been the girl next door type.


 

 

I was losing interest too but last week's

episode with the 2 team projects was

excellent!

😊


 

@newziesuzie it really was a complete night and day episode... 

 

The guys team was professional, congenial, full of positive tem spirit, and turned out a fabulous collection... 

 

it was everything the girls team -- and I do mean fifth graders -- was not.

 

Their "cool, but mean girls" manipulative behaviour was like nothing I've ever seem on PR. It was completely shocking. 

 

I felt so sorry for Ashley who is perfectly lovely.... which makes her even more of an easy target. I was so impressed by the one woman who wanted no part on this evil plan and clued Ashley in to what they were planning.... and then Candace tossed this woman under the bus when each of them was asked who should go home. -- That's an easy one: just send all four "cool, mean girls" home and have done with it. 

 

I can't wait to see them turn on each other... I mean their numbers have just been reduced by one, since one of them got booted off. Girls like that will turn on each other... they're just opportunistic, conniving... you get my drift. 

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,757
Registered: ‎11-28-2012

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible

[ Edited ]

While I think there are catty women on PR, I do not think they are any worse than past seasons.  I think some of this week's drama can be attributed to the editing.  Candice and Ashley worked well together on a past challenge.  Candice said the reason she chose Amanda first was she felt Amanda needed a boost in confidence after spending the last few weeks in the bottom.  The other picks were not hers. The others chose their roommates and friends, which is not all that unusual. The men did the same thing

 

They showed others complaining about Candice acting like she was in charge. Well, she was first chosen, so she was the team captain. Had she not stepped up, we would have seen comments about why wasn't she leading the team.

 

We do not see what questions they ask the participants.  I'm sure they bait them with loaded questions.  They have months to edit the show. This week it was a poor Ashley edit.  The first week she was whining about everything, yet went on to win the challenge.  The following week, she was the catty one and produced one of the worse garments. She is no saint and talks about the others just as they do about her.

 

Had the men lost, the edit would have shown them talking about each other.  I'm sure there would have been a lot of discussion about Blake not participating in the paint ball game.  Instead we had praise of his ability to paint flowers.

 

This show is just as much about the drama as it is about the garments created. I do not think we've ever had a season where we did not have someone ganged up on.

 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible


@muttmom wrote:

While I think there are catty women on PR, I do not think they are any worse than past seasons.  I think some of this week's drama can be attributed to the editing.  Candice and Ashley worked well together on a past challenge.  Candice said the reason she chose Amanda first was she felt Amanda needed a boost in confidence after spending the last few weeks in the bottom.  The other picks were not hers. The others chose their roommates and friends, which is not all that unusual. The men did the same thing

 

They showed others complaining about Candice acting like she was in charge. Well, she was first chosen, so she was the team captain. Had she not stepped up, we would have seen comments about why wasn't she leading the team.

 

We do not see what questions they ask the participants.  I'm sure they bait them with loaded questions.  They have months to edit the show. This week it was a poor Ashley edit.  The first week she was whining about everything, yet went on to win the challenge.  The following week, she was the catty one and produced one of the worse garments. She is no saint and talks about the others just as they do about her.

 

Had the men lost, the edit wouldn't have shown them talking about each other.  I'm sure there would have been a lot of discussion about Blake not participating in the paint ball game.  Instead we had praise of his ability to paint flowers.

 

This show is just as much about the drama as it is about the garments created. I do not think we've ever had a season where we did not have someone ganged up on.

 

 

 


 

I can see where you're coming from and, with regard to Candace, you made the following point: 

 

Candice said the reason she chose Amanda first was she felt Amanda needed a boost in confidence after spending the last few weeks in the bottom.  

 

I really liked Candace at the start of the competition but, during the judges runway critique, she showed me that she is a mistress of spin. 

 

That one woman shared with Ashley that the Gang of Four (led by Candace) was going to throw her under the bus... which the first three of them did when the judges asked which contestant should be sent home. Then Candace was up at bat, but Kelly Osborne called a time out. 

 

Kelly called the girls on their *itchy behaviour and then Heidi added it seemed strange that a two time winner had been picked last.

 

So when Candace was asked who should go home, she could see the writing on the wall... and so she threw the other woman (who had shared the inside info with Ashley) under the bus. 

 

None of the designs were good but two of the Gang of Four's designs were really god awful and one belonged to the chick who got send packing. So I find it really interesting that none of these girls pointed the finger at the other members of their little clique. 

 

Sure there have been any number of crazy antics in PR history. But I don't ever remember seeing a clique of buddies getting together like this to sink someone else's ship. 

 

The closest I can come to remembering a similar situation was with Amanda (I think that was her name). She came back later for an All Stars PR. -- In her original season, for some unknown reason -- maybe stemming from her lack of confidence -- she became everyone's easy target until thankfully she got traded to the other team and, then, I think she started to blossom.

 

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing the Gang of Three turn on each other... cause otherwise this PR season is a complete bust. 

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,358
Registered: ‎02-21-2014

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible

 

They probably do edit for "drama" lol

but I don't think they could have found 

much negativity in the men & Merline team.


••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,458
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible


@bebe777 wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

@coldlake wrote:

 

I think this episode may finally prod me into quitting Runway after watching every single episode.  It just isn't fun anymore and I have better things to do with my time.  I can deal with low-no talent designers and insane challenges but there's no excuse for poor judging.

 

FWIW, my favorite look this episode was the cute tee and pants outfit.  I thought it combined all the (conflicting and not well defined) challenge elements of reworking a basic, the NYC skyline and the Mary Kay girl who has always been the girl next door type.


 

 

I was losing interest too but last week's

episode with the 2 team projects was

excellent!

😊


 

@newziesuzie it really was a complete night and day episode... 

 

The guys team was professional, congenial, full of positive tem spirit, and turned out a fabulous collection... 

 

it was everything the girls team -- and I do mean fifth graders -- was not.

 

Their "cool, but mean girls" manipulative behaviour was like nothing I've ever seem on PR. It was completely shocking. 

 

I felt so sorry for Ashley who is perfectly lovely.... which makes her even more of an easy target. I was so impressed by the one woman who wanted no part on this evil plan and clued Ashley in to what they were planning.... and then Candace tossed this woman under the bus when each of them was asked who should go home. -- That's an easy one: just send all four "cool, mean girls" home and have done with it. 

 

I can't wait to see them turn on each other... I mean their numbers have just been reduced by one, since one of them got booted off. Girls like that will turn on each other... they're just opportunistic, conniving... you get my drift. 

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

 

-- bebe Smiley Happy


I loved when Kelly said this is turning into a bitch-fest......

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,019
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: PROJECT RUNWAY 8/27 Spoilers possible

[ Edited ]

Regarding the paintball team challenge last week: 

 

I don't know what Candace's true intent was, but it seemed like Lori was trying her best to stay neutral.  I am glad Lori told Ashley about the others deciding to throw her under the bus if the collection failed.  At least Ashley was prepared for it.  At the same time I am not sure Ashley has the disposition to take criticism which is part of a designer's life.  She seems to get very emotional over lots of things. 

 

I was a little shocked when one of the judges said the girls' team was the most disfunctional team they ever saw.  Have they forgotten the dreaded Gretchen team challenge?  Maybe that was the season that Michael and Nina didn't judge as much.  Anyway, Gretchen was the leader of the team.  She got everyone to buy into her vision, and they followed her down the path to a horrible collection.  On the runway she changed her tune completely when she heard the negative criticism, and said she knew the collection had issues.  She then proceeded to throw team members under the bus.  She survived while someone else got eliminated. When they were all back in the room with Tim saying good-bye to the eliminated designer, Tim called Gretchen out about her runway dialogue.  Love Tim's honesty and calling it like it is. 

 

Team challenges are always great drama.