Esteemed Contributor

CALM DOWN.  I DON'T BELIEVE THAT MESSAGE SAYS THEY ARE STAYING OPEN.   WHAT THAT IS FOR IS TO PUSH US TO FACE BOOK.  SORRY QVC      NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.    I have canceled all auto deliveries.   Tired of these games.  If they stay up I will put them back. 

Honored Contributor

The Q could have, should have, done a survey before their thoughtless decision. I can't believe the lack of self respect that so many posters would, not only crawl back, but do so  while professing their gratitude.

Trusted Contributor

It literally says they're keeping the blogs and forums live.  They're staying open. 

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm not holding my breath on anything because things change at the drop of a hat.

I'll register at proboards next week and I know by reading there, it will be just a wonderful place to see lots of old and faithful friends.  I may continue to post and/or buy here and if I do, as well as others, ...QVC better consider themselves lucky if they do NOT LOSE any of us forever.  

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The Q could have, should have, done a survey before their thoughtless decision. I can't believe the lack of self respect that so many posters would, not only crawl back, but do so  while professing their gratitude.

Who's crawling back @occasionalrain some of us never left. That includes you since you are still posting,

Trusted Contributor

After reading a few more posts, I'm not sure everyone is seeing this entire message.  Just seeing the headline is confusing, but if you read the rest it seems clear to me the boards are staying.  FF8299B2-FD8C-4BD4-B902-5331A6F840A0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@manny2 

I'm posting, but I'm not buying, nor am I thanking, trusting, or believing. Now that they've shown what they've about how can we be expected to forget about it?

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@manny2 

I'm posting, but I'm not buying, nor am I thanking, trusting, or believing. Now that they've shown what they've about how can we be expected to forget about it?

@occasionalrainAll I can say is if you don't have an expectation you won't be disappointed. I along with everyone was disappointed when I read they were closing this board down. The truth is they don't owe us anything we transact business with them that is all. This board is a bonus they give to posters. It is belongs to them, so they can withdraw at anytime.

Lets hope they listen to us as customers and do something about the ridiculous shipping charges. They might want to tone down some of their hosts, and stop with the family, children, house and vacation stories.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain   Good point!!

Honored Contributor

I do not see posters crawling back.  I see posters who enjoy their time here and have been here for a very long time.

I see posters who do not use FB and were hesitant to join a new site; that is understandable.  Not everyone is comfortable signing up for something new.

I see posters happy to still be able to talk with friends who have not joined the new board.  I know I am because one I was hoping would join the new board said she would not. 

Now that there is a second chance, so to speak, to stay in touch with favorites peeps - what is the big deal??

I really do not like to see posters who are happy to be back being picked at.

I already said I'd stay until the end and I am already on the other site, for how long remains to be seen.

As far as the Q's original plan to shut down, it was not something I liked to see but I did not take it personally.   

Whether some see it as disrespect - well, then you do you and let others be.  It's that simple.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh