Honored Contributor

Re: PEANUT BUTTER AND PICKLE SANDWICHES

The bread look good too!  Peanut flavor goes with many things.  Sweet and Salty.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  I loved Sue Grafton’s books! 

I never at the one pictured & these days I’d say hold the bread and peanut butter! But I also think that bread looks very good! Lol

I don’t think my “strange” sandwiches as a kid were really very strange. Peanut butter & banana, fluffernutter... 

Honored Contributor

I ate these all the time as a kid!  DELICIOUS... especially with toasted bread.

Honored Contributor

before saying no... you have to at least TRY A BITE.  It will knock your socks off if you like both pickles and peanut butter.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never tried peanut butter and pickles. Probably won't. I love peanut butter and almost always put dill pickles in ham sandwiches and in chicken and mayo sandwiches.

When I was in high school my favorite sandwich was toasted white bread, mayo and a thick slice of iceberg lettuce (with a glass of ice coffee with milk). Just lettuce.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Oznell  I loved Sue Grafton’s books! 

I never at the one pictured & these days I’d say hold the bread and peanut butter! But I also think that bread looks very good! Lol

I don’t think my “strange” sandwiches as a kid were really very strange. Peanut butter & banana, fluffernutter... 

I recently introduced my husband to fluffernutter sandwiches. We've been married for over 20 years. I was shocked he'd never had it before. 

Honored Contributor

gag.gif

1ea1661b376762e0c06e091806e0e7ee72366860-1.gif

Respected Contributor

My first and only pb and pickle sandwich was when an aunt made my lunch one day when I was a kid.   She used sweet pickles.    I didn't like it.   No desire to have it again.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

Used to make sugar sandwiches. White bread, butter, and white sugar. No wonder I have diabetes. But they were good.

I've never had a PB and pickle sandwich, but I'd try it as long as the PB is creamy and the pickles are bread & butter. Then it makes sense to me. Need a hearty bread, like the OP's, for that sandwich.

Honored Contributor

Biscoff is better, buy at Walmart