Honored Contributor

My birth certificate from 1948 (Tennessee) has the raised seal.. when Georgia cracked down seriously on identification for drivers license, I used it to get a passport, which in turn the Georgia DMV accepted with my other proof of ID ..   When I moved to Georgia I surrendered my Tennessee license, was retested and issued a Georgia license.   

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Bri36wrote:

The best piece of advice I received when I had my babies was to order 3-5 copies of their birth certificates from the County.

i agree @Bri36. that is the best time to do it.

when my children were starting school it was requested, passports, license, and other circumstances. i have always kept at least that many.....gave one to each of my children and then kept the rest.

we also have the fancy ones that are framed that someone gifted us. they can be used as an official document because they have the raised seal.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein