Respected Contributor

my neighbor down the street says:

It is what it is 

I hate that with a passion everytime she says it and its often!

Respected Contributor

I know this isn't an overused word, but I can't stand the trend of blending of two first names.  When I go to the soap opera forums it takes me a little while to understand what characters they are referring too,    I see names like Jally, Shadam, Lope and many other mixtures.  

How difficult is it to just use the characters names?  I think this trend might have begun with Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck being called "Benifer"during their romance.  

It just seems so juvenile to me.  I don't refer to my couples friends by smushing their two first names.  

I realize this is certainly not a major problem but it just irritates me.  Lol!

Honored Contributor

Influencer

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

transparent/transparency

It was used a lot a few years ago but, luckily, I haven't heard it a lot lately. 

Even though I agree with most of the words a lot of you have mentioned, I still find myself saying a lot of them.  Old habits die hard!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I heard it again yesterday ....

Amazing: 

• causing great surprise or wonder; astonishing.

• (informal)  startlingly impressive

--------------------------------------

A new word for QVC hosts and vendors:

Hyperbole:  exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

---------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I think they can stop using "you look amazing in that" now that we have been told that everyone on QVC looks amazing in everything they've worn so far.

Honored Contributor

Like,I can like see this and then change it out. Like,do you get it?

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

News channels seem to be given "words for a day"...only they last repetitively for a few weeks and it is grating

currently I'm tired of "trajectory"

I just remembered another one that makes me cringe, as it is now a word du jour and usually incorrectly used:  binary.

Valued Contributor

I just had to chime in...

If I hear one more QVC or HSN Host say: "I'm OBSESSED with xyz" - I think my head will explode!!! Woman Frustrated

Also, why do they ALL say "We have this top in THE red, THE black, and THE white"

Is it just me, or does this bother anyone else? - Why not just say the name of the color of the item? Woman Tongue

Frequent Contributor

This is great !  Depending on the host the words / phrases changes.  I remember when my nieces were little they would imitate the hosts using their catch phrases and mannerisms - it was a hoot. 

I have a friend who, in addition to "at the end of the day" says: "seriously" more times than I can count. Another one uses "you know" like punctuation.   Then there is "like" and "amazing"  - I think they watch the Kardashian's too much. LOL 

Respected Contributor

I have noticed people starting sentences with "So" a lot.