Esteemed Contributor

Re: Over Used Words!!!

[ Edited ]

@SoCal Bred wrote:

Can't stand it when an adult person 'baby talks' to another adult!

Agree,  an example  is that comercial  for Haribo candy where they are all talking baby talk  at a business meeting   is one I don't like  to see. There are other examples.

Trusted Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

Can't stand it when an adult person 'baby talks' to another adult!

Ugh! Grinds my nerves when a husband calls his wife "Baby Girl" Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

In the news they seem to use "curator" a lot instead of saying manager, administrator, caretaker, overseer, etc.  I associate curator with museums and it sounds out of place to me to use it elsewhere.

Also, using the word "actor" instead of saying people or participants.  Someone was "one of the actors" or someone was "a bad actor."  I associate actors with movies/plays/entertainment not with day-to-day events happening around the world.  Just sounds odd to me.  

Honored Contributor

I think they can stop using "you look amazing in that" now that we have been told that everyone on QVC looks amazing in everything they've worn so far.

Trusted Contributor

Susan Graver says that alot with a host is wearing her clothes, regardless if she does or not, sounds so pretentious!

Respected Contributor

Writ large

Esteemed Contributor
“Awesome” “super” “stinkin cute” “dope”
Trusted Contributor

Gotcha'

Respected Contributor

Re: Over Used Words!!!

[ Edited ]

1.  empowered

2.  beachy

3.  buttery

4.  circle back

5.  like, like, like used to describe

6.  "come on man"

7.  "hello", or "how you dooin" comment when describing food

8.  face diaper

9.  constantly using "obsessed" over clothes, color, etc.

10. woke

11. progressives

12. Friyay and other babytalk words used by adults

Respected Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

In the news they seem to use "curator" a lot instead of saying manager, administrator, caretaker, overseer, etc.  I associate curator with museums and it sounds out of place to me to use it elsewhere.

Also, using the word "actor" instead of saying people or participants.  Someone was "one of the actors" or someone was "a bad actor."  I associate actors with movies/plays/entertainment not with day-to-day events happening around the world.  Just sounds odd to me.  

Yes.... Actors....hear the news mention bad actors a lot in lieu of what they really are in the context to the rest of the story, namely criminals....

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread