Frequent Contributor
Recently I was in the area of Malvern when I made a trip to The National Dog Show in nearby Oaks, PA. I decided to give this one yet another try and sadly report that it seemed to be the same store as it was the previous year.

I realize that this in an outlet and as implied it does not offer pristine merchandise but so much I saw was so old and visibly used that I questioned myself why I even bothered to stop. From a sad jewelry counter that was void of any classic styles of beautiful Diamonique to worn shoes, used handbags and wrinkle/dated/returned clothing it was the last straw for me.

I always loved to outlet shop and would look forward to trips of this kind but with increasing places popping up so close to home, gas, tolls and prices on the rise, the expression "there's no place like home" just makes more sense.

I was sad to also see that the Studio Store in West Chester is closed. I informed the Hilton Embassy where I stayed to remove their info advertising it as a nearby place to visit.

Esteemed Contributor

We have 4 oulet malls within a 40 mile radius.  Sadly even they are losing stores.  

Honored Contributor

Is that the QVC outlet store in Frazer, PA?  I was there once and it was only okay...seems to be a hit or miss place.

It's too bad about the QVC store & tours.  I'm abut an hour away and have been there several times.

Honored Contributor

Re: Outlet Visit

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

We have 4 oulet malls within a 40 mile radius.  Sadly even they are losing stores.  

@bonnielu I'm close to Flemington, NJ and was at a teahouse there recently for lunch.  We went to check out Liberty Village which used to be a vibrant outlet shopping center.  We only drove around it but it seemed to be dying...not many cars or shops.  I can only assume that many stores are either gone or don't have good merchandise & deals.

Frequent Contributor
Yes that is the Frazer Store in Malvern.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outlet Visit

[ Edited ]

@GOODBYEGIRL wrote:
Recently I was in the area of Malvern when I made a trip to The National Dog Show in nearby Oaks, PA. I decided to give this one yet another try and sadly report that it seemed to be the same store as it was the previous year.

I realize that this in an outlet and as implied it does not offer pristine merchandise but so much I saw was so old and visibly used that I questioned myself why I even bothered to stop. From a sad jewelry counter that was void of any classic styles of beautiful Diamonique to worn shoes, used handbags and wrinkle/dated/returned clothing it was the last straw for me.
 I always loved to outlet shop and would look forward to trips of this kind but with increasing places popping up so close to home, gas, tolls and prices on the rise, the expression "there's no place like home" just makes more sense.

I was sad to also see that the Studio Store in West Chester is closed. I informed the Hilton Embassy where I stayed to remove their info advertising it as a nearby place to visit.

Thanks for the FYI  as I used to go to the Studio store many yrs ago  . I did purchase some jewelry at the studio.

I used to go to the QVC outlet store that was in Wilmington, De . They used to get pretty good merchandise . Of course ,  you had to dig through all the merchandise . I bought Royal Palace carpets , cuckoo clock ,  clothes steamer, sheets,  Cooks essentials  pots/pans , Tiffany replica lamps, among many other items .

There is alot of site seeing in the area . If you go  don't miss the Nemours Mansion   or Winterthur   museum .  Happy Hunting !

AddressPhone

• 3226 Kirkwood Hwy   Wilmington, Delaware 19808
(302) 892-2400
Contributor

The outlet store on Kirkwood Highway has been closed for several years.  I shopped there all the time, but it's gone.

Honored Contributor

I used to visit the outlet center in Reading, PA and the one in Flemington.  Reading was awesome but I understand that it is closed?? or at least not what it once was.  Haven't been there in decades.

I will assume the reason for the closing of so many outlets is because of online shopping and the b&m stores themselves having so many "deals" that "outlets" are no longer necessary.

Respected Contributor

@GOODBYEGIRL   ...  but, how was the dog show?

Honored Contributor

Even the huge one in Rockvale in Lancastrer PA has gone downhill.