Honored Contributor

Our big bash last night

[ Edited ]

I had posted recently that we invited our daughter and family to celebrate several big events -- an appreciation for all their help getting my husband and I easily through these months by delivering food and finding fairly early vaccinations slots for, a related cheer for us to be able to dine IN a restaurant, and not to be forgotten, my husband's 75 birthday!

So it happened last night and was just magical for us. We had window seats at an excellent restaurant overlooking the ocean. The atmosphere was very festive but low-key. And the food, OMG the food. *See below.

Just to be with our daughter, son-in-law, our 17-year-old grandson, and our almost 16-year-old granddaughter in such a beautiful setting made me feel - warm. I took a mental snapchat to keep forever. I feel truly blessed. Thanks for listening. :-)

*I had a chili-spiced avocado with Napa cabbage, jicama, Cotija, crème fraîchecrispy quinoa, chili lime vinaigrette that was amazing. For my main dish, I had Free Range Harissa grilled chicken,crispy polenta fries, roasted Brussels sprouts, cashews, aji verde sauce. And for dessert I had a key lime tart with caramelized pineapple, coconut whipped ganache rum butter cake, mango coconut gelé. It was more than I've eaten all week!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3  It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time. I'm so glad we can all start to see our friends and family again. And your dinner sounds delicious!❤️

Honored Contributor

So happy for you!   

my kids live further away and are just now getting their first vaccines.   Look forward to having these experiences. 

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Sounds like a wonderful evening!  DS and DDIL live across the country from us and we haven't seen them since Christmas 2019.  They are now fully vaccinated and will be flying in to see us next month.  Can't wait to see them again!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 That's wonderful, I am so happy for you.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Sounds like a wonderful evening!  DS and DDIL live across the country from us and we haven't seen them since Christmas 2019.  They are now fully vaccinated and will be flying in to see us next month.  Can't wait to see them again!

Likewise.  Haven't seen one of mine (and his family) since November 2019.  I last saw the other in February 2020.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds magical! I'm so glad for you. A year ago it felt like that kind of thing might never happen again.

Wonderful for you!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3, I am so happy for you! It sounds like you all had a wonderful evening. Your meal sounds scrumptious!!

Happy 75th to Mr. SuzyQ3!

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful description of a wonderful outing @suzyQ3 . Your meal sounds so good.

Honored Contributor

Glad you had that opportunity. My DH will be attending a family wedding reception. It's happening before my second dose so I won't be going.