Honored Contributor

Oh, that sounds like such a very wonderful time!  It's so nice you could all be together.  I'm happy for you all and Happy 75th to hubby! That's kind of a milestone birthday and one he will probably never forget.     

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, this just made my day!  So glad you all were able to get together and celebrate.  It has been a long time coming, and yes...in addition to your husband's birthday, much to celebrate making it through the past year, and making the sacrifices all of you have made.  

And that key lime tart sounds delicious!!  Yum! 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds wonderful, @suzyQ3

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I had posted recently that we invited our daughter and family to celebrate several big events -- an appreciation for all their help getting my husband and I easily through these months by delivering food and finding fairly early vaccinations slots for, a related cheer for us to be able to dine IN a restaurant, and not to be forgotten, my husband's 75 birthday!

So it happened last night and was just magical for us. We had window seats at an excellent restaurant overlooking the ocean. The atmosphere was very festive but low-key. And the food, OMG the food. *See below.

Just to be with our daughter, son-in-law, our 17-year-old grandson, and our almost 16-year-old granddaughter in such a beautiful setting made me feel - warm. I took a mental snapchat to keep forever. I feel truly blessed. Thanks for listening. :-)

*I had a chili-spiced avocado with Napa cabbage, jicama, Cotija, crème fraîchecrispy quinoa, chili lime vinaigrette that was amazing. For my main dish, I had Free Range Harissa grilled chicken,crispy polenta fries, roasted Brussels sprouts, cashews, aji verde sauce. And for dessert I had a key lime tart with caramelized pineapple, coconut whipped ganache rum butter cake, mango coconut gelé. It was more than I've eaten all week!

@suzyQ3 

Sounds wonderful!  What was the name of the restaurant?  I hope you managed to have a little left over for a doggie bag.  Never heard of crispy polenta fries, but I can imagine .... how lovely! 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I had posted recently that we invited our daughter and family to celebrate several big events -- an appreciation for all their help getting my husband and I easily through these months by delivering food and finding fairly early vaccinations slots for, a related cheer for us to be able to dine IN a restaurant, and not to be forgotten, my husband's 75 birthday!

So it happened last night and was just magical for us. We had window seats at an excellent restaurant overlooking the ocean. The atmosphere was very festive but low-key. And the food, OMG the food. *See below.

Just to be with our daughter, son-in-law, our 17-year-old grandson, and our almost 16-year-old granddaughter in such a beautiful setting made me feel - warm. I took a mental snapchat to keep forever. I feel truly blessed. Thanks for listening. :-)

*I had a chili-spiced avocado with Napa cabbage, jicama, Cotija, crème fraîchecrispy quinoa, chili lime vinaigrette that was amazing. For my main dish, I had Free Range Harissa grilled chicken,crispy polenta fries, roasted Brussels sprouts, cashews, aji verde sauce. And for dessert I had a key lime tart with caramelized pineapple, coconut whipped ganache rum butter cake, mango coconut gelé. It was more than I've eaten all week!

@suzyQ3 

Sounds wonderful!  What was the name of the restaurant?  I hope you managed to have a little left over for a doggie bag.  Never heard of crispy polenta fries, but I can imagine .... how lovely! 

@Tinkrbl44, yes, I mentioned the name and location in my Post #17. Those fries were delicious. I claim that they are healthful!

I'm not used to big meals, but unfortunately I am not a doggie bag person. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland