Super Contributor
On 3/11/2014 maryebrown said:

His defense attorneys are going to have a lot of trouble with his Swiss Cheese story! The pathologist has established that Oscar is lying...I hope the judge sentences him to death, by a firing squad. That would fit the crime!

No death penalty in SA but there is mandatory life without parole for premeditated murder. Any other murder conviction he will get a parole hearing after 25 years.

Trusted Contributor

He will be convicted, there's no doubt about that. He has admitted to shooting the gun. The question is what he will be convicted of.

Personally, I don't believe his story. He sounds like a hot-headed gun-crazy paranoid control-freak. Such a waste.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if they'll let him wear his prosthetic legs in jail.

Respected Contributor
On 3/11/2014 ~foundinlv~ said:

I wonder if they'll let him wear his prosthetic legs in jail.

Why wouldn't they? I think the man is guilty as sin but as a person who has worn prosthetic leg most of my life, I'd considered not allowing him to wear his legs discrimination.

Honored Contributor
On 3/11/2014 Predsfan said:

He said they had an early dinner and went to bed. Patholigists said it was more like 1:00 am when they ate based on the contents of her stomach. I think they had a late dinner, got into an argument, she ran to the bathroom, locked the door, to get away from him and was trying to contact someone, possibly for help, and that's when he went in and shot her. I don't think they had ever undressed and gone to bed and that he still had his legs on.

Got it, I see a little wiggle room. She got up, got dressed, had a snack, decided use the bathroom to make a call before leaving?

Respected Contributor

How many burglars lock themselves inside the room they burglarizing?

Super Contributor

I think he is guilty..........his story does not make sense to me.

Super Contributor

I think his story is that he thought the 'burglars' got in his house thru the bathroom window.

Super Contributor

So true.............how many robbers lock themselves in.........they would have shot him or ran out. He even looks guilty to me.

Honored Contributor
On 3/9/2014 SydneyH said:
On 3/9/2014 lulu2 said:

I believe he knew it was not a burglar in the bathroom. Did he intend to kill her? Only he can answer that question. The fact that he asked a friend to take the blame for the restaurant shooting, indicates to me he lies.

There are conflicting reports whether or not he had his prosthetic legs on. The former girlfriend said he could walk without them, but had trouble balancing. I would think it would take some balancing to fire that many shots in a short amount of time.

I saw the interview with Mrs. Steenkamp. I did not hear her say anything that would indicate she supports what OP says.

This week should be interesting.

The Dateline program addressed this, I think the height of the bullet holes lends credibility that he must of had his legs on...........

I heard this morning the prosecution has conceded that he did not have his prosthetic legs on. There was a demonstration in courts with the bathroom door and a cricket bat. Based on the height of gouges in the door, it appears he was on his own legs.