Respected Contributor

@Krimpette Please let us know how they work out for you. 

Respected Contributor

I finally took the plunge and purchased 1 pair sneakers and a pair of slippers that look more like clogs.  With their free shipping and returns, what's there to lose?

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this @coffee drinker !  I have bunions.  I only have one pair of shoes that I can wear that is halfway comfortable for my worst bunion.  My slippers aren't even comfortable.  I also have flat feet so need supportive shoes.

I've tried many brands and haven't found anything that works with my bad bunion.  I went to the Orthofeet website and looked at the shoes that they recommended for bunions.  I ordered a pair of shoes and some slippers.  

I wore the shoes yesterday for the first time.  I had a doctor's appt., ran errands and then met friends for dinner.  I was gone for five hours.  My feet were just starting to hurt when I got home, which was a miracle.  The slippers came today, and they are comfortable, too.

I wish the shoes were more attractive.  I ordered the nicest looking pair IMO, and they still are the least attractive pair of shoes that I own.  That doesn't bother me so much anymore though as long as they're comfortable.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack Happy you have found shoes that ease your pain.  Got my Orthofeet shoes yesterday.  The clog like slippers are very comfortable.  The sneakers will be returned tomorrow.  My feet are so strange.  Ordinarily, I take a 6 which I ordered.  But because they're mesh type, I need a 6.5.  If those, 6.5, are a tad too big, I'll just use the insoles provided.  IMO, this brand is MORE comfortable than Vionics and the prices are better.  I ordered mine on Black Friday -- sneakers were $99.95, slippers $69.95.

ETA @Krimpette  forgot to include you.

Honored Contributor

I got a pair of a bit sort of dressier, loafer style.  Receive them quickly and wore them last evening.  Very, very comfortable. Slept last night without leg pain.  Not sure if it's due to the shoes or not.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker   I had to use the insoles for the slippers, too.  They were a little big, but the insoles made them work.  You can tighten them with velcro, but that made them pucker and hurt my feet where the pucker was.  The insoles work well.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  Good to know.  There weren't inserts in my slipper box so I'll call today to inquire.  Maybe because they're clog type and the insoles that are part of the slippers don't seem to be removable.   

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@NickNack  Good to know.  There weren't inserts in my slipper box so I'll call today to inquire.  Maybe because they're clog type and the insoles that are part of the slippers don't seem to be removable.   

@coffee drinker   My slippers are the clog type, too.  It didn't seem like the insoles would be removable but they are.  My slippers are the Charlotte.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I had a bout with plantar fasciitis, awful.  I bought a pair of Orthofeet. They were awful. I bought the Mary Jane style.  They were heavy and did nothing for my pain. Wasted over $100 on them. Surprised to see they were good for so many here. Maybe I should've bought the sneakers instead of Mary Janes. 

What did help me immediately was Dr.Scholls inserts for plantar fasciitis. Won't be without them...about $15-20.  Relief.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@NickNack Thanks for the response.  Wouldn't you know, as soon as I got off the phone with Orthofeet, I found the inserts tucked away in the box.  Quickly called to tell them, but the customer rep said the order was put through and not to worry since they're free.  The insoles are removable with a little muscle.  Put the green ones in the slippers and they fit much better.  Anyway, I can't remember the name of the slippers and I'm too lazy to check, but they're light tan clog type.  Believe they came in black also.  Can't wait for the replacement sneakers.  I'm sure they're be comfortable.