Respected Contributor

Seems the older I get, the more things go wrong.  Now it's plantar fasciitis.   My right foot just aches.  I saw a pair of sneakers on a site called Orthofeet that are for foot problems and also have good reviews.  I'm tempted to purchase since they offer free shipping and returns.  Have any of you purchased from this site?  Opinions, please or perhaps you can suggest another remedy or site. 

Contributor

Yes  I bought a pair of boots last year. I too have trouble with my feet. The boots are so comfortable I ordered another pair this year. Try it. You can always return. 

Respected Contributor

I've been through a couple of bouts of that.  My right foot lasted 2 years and then got better.  My left foot started about a year after that but it only lasted about 1 year.  The first one was so severe that I considered surgery, but a couple of nurses warned me that it doesn't always work.  The only shoes that I could wear for those 2 years were crocs, ugly as they may be.  I tried special shoes, inserts, and even had arch supports made.  Nothing helped, just time.  Both feet are ok now so I'm glad I waited it out.

Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker. DH swears by this brand.  He has purchased numerous pairs.  Only one pair needed to be returned and there was no issue at all.  (Shoe shopping with him used to take hours;  now he does it online.)  He has purchased dress, casual, and sneakers.

Respected Contributor

I had plantar fasciitis in my right foot about 8 years ago. I went to a podiatrist after about 4 months and he gave me a cortisone shot. That took care of it and I haven't had any relapses since. Having said that, I'm very careful that my shoes have good arch support. I tried Orthofeet walking shoes around 2 years ago. I ordered them online and returned them because they weren't hitting my arches in the right place. The return was very easy, with no shipping charge. If you can find either an Orthofeet store or another store that sells them, you'd have a better chance of getting a good fit. Good luck! 

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker Seems the older I get reminds me of a saying my mother had.  She would often say that her "gplden" years were pretty rust, she had NUMEROUS health issues.  Good luck on your search for a supportive shoe!  

Honored Contributor

I have foot problems also.  But based on this thread, I'm trying Orthofeet.  Ordered yesterday and they're already being shipped.  Hope I like them!

Respected Contributor

I have a pair I'm currently wearing.  In my opinion, they aren't the most attractive, but at this point I can't quibble about that because my feet need help.  They come with a selection of inserts so you can custom fit each foot, using their inserts and/or your own orthotics.  The bottoms are fairly stiff, not flexy.  They wear well.  

I ordered a second pair in a different style but did not like them.  I returned them, no problem.  I don't really need another pair right now, but I would consider getting them in the future.

As for plantars, always wear shoes, never go barefoot on hard floors.  Even put a soft towel for your foot in the shower (don't trip!).  Massage can help, even self-massage of the foot, ankle and calf.

Check out youtube "plantar fascitis massage."

Honored Contributor

I have never tried this brand ,how are the slippers?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I just checked TrustPilot dot com to see if there were any reviews for their website and there are over 1,100 reviews written with a 3.6-star average rating.

I always check TrustPilot first before buying from any unfamiliar site.