Esteemed Contributor

When it was all over the news in warnings for several days, I think discredtion is the better part of valor. The adults who made the decision were foolhardy. It's good that nothing tragic happened. I am sure they will tell the story of being stranded for quite some time, and probably laugh about it, but they are just lucky they didn't have an accident and injuries.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This thread is about the weather that day and the decision to let the kids get on the bus and go.

It's not about the actual cause and I hope it doesn't turn into that and end up getting the thread poofed. 

Probably not, but it WAS in fact the reason they went there and must have been the driving force to make the adults in charge think it was a great idea to take on a major storm.

Respected Contributor

no, i would not have allowed my child to go.

why wasn't the march cancelled and re-scheduled because of the weather?  that's what really surprises me.

Valued Contributor

They didn't want to reschedule because of the date of the Roe decision. 

Sad that the parents & church put their beliefs ahead of the safety of their children.  

A field trip to DC museums probably would have been rescheduled.

Oh....... these kids are already born.  Got it.

Honored Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

They didn't want to reschedule because of the date of the Roe decision. 

Sad that the parents & church put their beliefs ahead of the safety of their children.  

A field trip to DC museums probably would have been rescheduled.

Oh....... these kids are already born.  Got it.

I'm sure they thought G-d was on their side and would protect their children.