Honored Contributor

Re: One of the best things I got from the Q board is....

[ Edited ]

@Jackaranda wrote:

An awakening of different views. I think with my circle of people it kept me in a bubble of only my thinking. I am talking about before Facebook, once Facebook came along I soon learned oh yeah the world is full of "all kinds"

That's a wonderful comment, @Nancy Drew   When we surround ourselves only with those who have the same views, only those who are on the "same side" so to speak, we really do ourselves a huge disservice.  I'm sure it's fun to get lots of high fives and "ITAs" but in the long run that doesn't help us learn, or discover if what we believe is actually true or sound.    As my signature says:  "If we resist reading what we disagree with, how will we acquire deeper insight into what we believe?   Things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions. (anon)"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I have not been on the Forums for very long, but what I received was validation, I posted of my experience of being bullied as an adult, and almost everyone in my personal life (family) have made me feel horrible for standing up for myself and finally saying "Enough Is Enough" and walking away, I have heard comments like "Your just so sensitive", "Just pick yourself back up and move on" and my favorite "Oh stop being so dramatic", so I was dealing with the pain over what was done to me, and then to top it all off I was being told all over again that what I was feeling was not valid, I was afraid of what might result in my posting here, and in most responses I felt acceptance that me walking away was the right decision and that I did not deserve that kind of treatment, so thank you, I have been carrying around guilt for a number of years, and now I am able to walk with a lighter load!

(((@CareBears))).❤️   I've read many of your posts about this, and I admire you.   You are a powerhouse and a gem.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Two things, important to me.

1. You can post almost any question here and at least a couple of people will know the answer or have great advice or knowledge about the issue.  It's amazing.  And people know their products, what's best for certain situations.  So many here are very helpful and share their time and knowledge,

2. There are numerous people here I consider friends even though we've never met.  It really does make the day better when someone you like is glad to hear from you or just has a kind word.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo Your post has be sobbing, it has been so long since I have felt like I deserved to be heard on anything truthfully, I have always lived my life in the background never bringing attention to myself, but being bullied brings out someone who I do not even know myself, and to tell you the truth, I kind of like her!

Respected Contributor

i don't know that i ever have laughed so much or that hard.  some very funny and witty posters here.

i made a personal friend that i loved dearly before she passed away much, much too young.  i think of her often and really miss her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CareBears wrote:

@dooBdoo Your post has be sobbing, it has been so long since I have felt like I deserved to be heard on anything truthfully, I have always lived my life in the background never bringing attention to myself, but being bullied brings out someone who I do not even know myself, and to tell you the truth, I kind of like her!

Well, now you brought some tears to my eyes, @CareBears.   From what you've shared over time, I know that you've taken the hardships, dreadful as they were (are), and you use them to create strength.   This is a quote from a friend of mine, who is a minister and a powerful woman:  "What I do with sorrow, pain, and rage is use them for fuel.  If I'm careful with it, it burns clean, with pure white plumes of regeneration and re-creation."   I think you do this, and that's courageous and inspirational.

Honored Contributor

Virtual friends  Heart 

Paid time off work when I want to check in on everyone  Smiley Surprised

Even more of a sense of humor  because we really are all nuts  Smiley LOLHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo Now if I could just take that strength and apply it to every area in my life then I would have it made, but I always say "I am a work in progress"!

Honored Contributor

@cherry, I remember the QVC cookbook, and some sweet poster organized all the recipes and put the cookbook online, I don't know whatever happened to her (cannot remember her name) or what happened to the cookbook!  You & I have been around a long time to remember lots of stuff going on here!

I am still friends with the first poster I made friends with on here, when we met she was living in a FEMA trailer in the New Orleans area after Katrina, and we became almost instant friends!  Even though we have not met in person, she has been a true friend to me and vice versa, we don't always agree, but respect each other's opinion!

Honored Contributor

@Hootywe go back a long way. I had a copy of the cookbook mailed to me by  Adeli, I think her name was

I don't recall how much it  cost, but there are recipes in it from all the long ago posters ,when Q used to have  such a large amount of us