Honored Contributor

One Of The Best Karma Stories

I love this.  In New Zealand, a man cut in line in front of another guy who had been patiently waiting in line to buy a lottery ticket.  The guy waiting wasn't in a hurry so didn't say anything to the other man about cutting in front of him.  The patient guy won a million dollars with his ticket.  LOL  "Good things come to those who wait."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/09/29/new-zealand-man-wins-1m-lottery-after-someone-cut-him-in-lin...

Honored Contributor

Re: One Of The Best Karma Stories

Good for him. It would be nice if the guy cutting in line knew he could have won if he had not cut in line. LOL!!! I would have liked to see his face.

I truly believe in Karma. What's goes around comes around.

Honored Contributor

I've heard similar lottery stories.   We had one here where a person bought a ticket and then realized that he misread the number his wife told him to play.  He' return to the store for another ticket but the clerk couldn't void the first one.  So, the clerk gave him the $2.00 out of his own pocket and kept the ticket for hisself.  A week later, he looked at the ticket and checked winning numbers  and surprise, surprise.....he won a million $.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think Karma is something that we tell ourselves to feel better when we feel cheated about something.

If we are not around to see them "get theirs", then how do we know for a fact that they do "get theirs"?

Is Karma only for bad deeds?

What about the guy who won the money?

Isn't that good Karma?

Also, what about good people who have bad things happen to them?

Did they deserve the "bad Karma"?

Or, the bad person who never suffers for their misdeeds.

So, yeah, I think laughing as we say, "Karma's gonna get'em!", is something that we say, to make ourselves feel better, and smug even, when soemething happens that we don't like.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I've heard similar lottery stories.   We had one here where a person bought a ticket and then realized that he misread the number his wife told him to play.  He' return to the store for another ticket but the clerk couldn't void the first one.  So, the clerk gave him the $2.00 out of his own pocket and kept the ticket for hisself.  A week later, he looked at the ticket and checked winning numbers  and surprise, surprise.....he won a million $.  

@chrystaltree Wow. I would have kept that ticket & bought my wife one with the numbers she wanted. 

Help me please someone make that mistake so we can win the lottery. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I think Karma is something that we tell ourselves to feel better when we feel cheated about something.

If we are not around to see them "get theirs", then how do we know for a fact that they do "get theirs"?

Isn't that good Karma?

So, yeah, I think laughing as we say, "Karma's gonna get'em!", is something that we say, to make ourselves feel better, and smug even, when something happens that we don't like.

@Plaid Pants2 All good questions. I believe in the bad Karma that what goes around comes around. I may not be there to see it but feel it will happen sooner or later.

Bad stuff happens to good people every day I don't blame that on Karma. Little kids get cancer & that's not Karma either. I guess we all look at things differently.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Isn't that good Karma?

So, yeah, I think laughing as we say, "Karma's gonna get'em!", is something that we say, to make ourselves feel better, and smug even, when soemething happens that we don't like.

Yup. I enjoyed the story, of course, but I don't believe is cosmic connections; I do think that while fascinating, they are all random.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Isn't that good Karma?

So, yeah, I think laughing as we say, "Karma's gonna get'em!", is something that we say, to make ourselves feel better, and smug even, when something happens that we don't like.

@Plaid Pants2 All good questions. I believe in the bad Karma that what goes around comes around. I may not be there to see it but feel it will happen sooner or later.

Bad stuff happens to good people every day I don't blame that on Karma. Little kids get cancer & that's not Karma either. I guess we all look at things differently.

So, there is only bad Karma?

There is never any good Karma?

What about the guy who actually won the money? Isn't that win considered good Karma?

Does it make you feel smug, happy to tell yourself "He'll get his!"? 

I'm not trying to start an argument, but just saying that we say things to make ourselves feel better all the time, when there is zero proof that the bad guy ever does suffer, no matter how much we may want them to.

When something bad happens to you, is that bad Karma getting you?

Or does it never effect you, only other people that you don't like?

What about all those people who were injured in the train crash in New Jersey.

Did all of them deserve to suffer from bad Karma that was the crash?

Why or why not?

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Isn't that good Karma?

Yup. I enjoyed the story, of course, but I don't believe is cosmic connections; I do think that while fascinating, they are all random.

Random Karma.

I like that for a band name.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two thoughts on Karma, and both are opposites.  1.  I believe what is meant to happen will and second totally opposed to what I said... 2.  We are in charge and we make things happen for ourselves.  I have never been able to reconcile these thoughts