Trusted Contributor

Re: One More Reason NOT TO FLY

I wouldn't like being on an airplane in a confined space with them.  It's one thing to expect that they would be in the cargo hold from everyone's luggage but in the carryon's? That's just too skeevey.  

Esteemed Contributor

My friend thinks she brought them home from a box of yarn she got at a yard sale....she was horrified.....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Guess that would include trains, buses, movie theaters, auditoriums, conference rooms, doctors' offices, especially anywhere there is upholstered furniture........

Honored Contributor

yes... the bedbugs are bad enough... but the thought of toxic fumigation that is sprayed after each flight  to supposely clean everything( yea sure).... and then  everything you touch in the plane is covered in the  toxic  cancerous spray... I WILL NEVER EVER FLY NOW FOR SURE.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Phantom41 wrote:

Yes, it's gross but how do you get to where you're going if you don't fly?? I know some people say they haven't flown for years but for others that's just not practical.  Speaking of bed bugs, a local movie theater was just infested. 

@Phantom41   my last plane ride was in 1988.  I chose not to fly... not to travel long distances ever again I am fine with that.

I also do not go see movies in theaters anymore.... too expensive for one thing... and your car most likely will get broke into for another thing... and   .. you can rent  movies  now. No need to go to a filthy theather.  Movie theaters are filthy. Can you imagine how dirty the seats are???? They NEVER GET CLEANED.  And yes, I am sure people bring in bed bugs to the theaters... lots of them.  And of course coughing and such spreads who knows what.....  And of course you never know who they let into a theater... no one is checked for guns... and you know what has happened recently with people shooting up large crowds of people. 

I plead my case! LOL!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1, I have one on my mattress & box spring now , if there were any bedbugs left after the chemical spraying done last year, they're trapped in the cover & they suffocate.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Phantom41 wrote:

Yes, it's gross but how do you get to where you're going if you don't fly?? I know some people say they haven't flown for years but for others that's just not practical.  Speaking of bed bugs, a local movie theater was just infested. 

@Phantom41   my last plane ride was in 1988.  I chose not to fly... not to travel long distances ever again I am fine with that.

I also do not go see movies in theaters anymore.... too expensive for one thing... and your car most likely will get broke into for another thing... and   .. you can rent  movies  now. No need to go to a filthy theather.  Movie theaters are filthy. Can you imagine how dirty the seats are???? They NEVER GET CLEANED.  And yes, I am sure people bring in bed bugs to the theaters... lots of them.  And of course coughing and such spreads who knows what.....  And of course you never know who they let into a theater... no one is checked for guns... and you know what has happened recently with people shooting up large crowds of people. 

I plead my case! LOL!

I get ya but I guess I don't want to be that "hermetically" sealed and always worry about stuff!  We've gone to movies for years, travel, eat out (don't think about what happens in a kitchen!) and tons of other stuff out in the big scary world!  I'm such a risk taker!!