Honored Contributor

Re: One More Reason NOT TO FLY

I guess we can use those XL underpads in movie theaters, too.   Haven't been to a movie theater in ages.  We had been noticing a decline in cleanliness. (Also noticed rancid odors, etc.  Not fresh popcorn scents.) 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I had bedbugs last May, no clue where they were picked up & brought home from or who brought them in. It took 3 treatments & $700 to get rid of the dang things. Thankfully, I haven't had a return visit from the ugly things.

Anyone who brings home actual library BOOKS might want to start flipping through the books before they check them out.  I got very familiar with what different stages of the bedbugs looked like & 2 or 3 times,  I found baby ones in library books that I'd just brought home. I knew what they were so I killed them immediately.

Now I stick mostly to e-books from the library & from Prime Reading. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden@sgraham30@ROMARY@Phantom41@goldensrbest

Feeling the creeps just reading about them.

We purchased plastic mattress protectors for all of our beds in the house due to having the DGCs here for a week (they are little still and accidents can happen.)

It is surprising how comfortable the protector is. They do not contain latex and they do provide a barrier to dust mites.

A teacher at our school looked down and noticed an odd-looking bug crawling around near a student’s back pack. She called the custodian and yes, it was a bed bug. Measures had to be taken. Gross.

So the mattress protectors were not very expensive. I was thinking that perhaps they might be used in hotels to guard against bed bugs.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

As a teacher in NYC I had bedbugs in my classroom courtesy of a homeless student. All classrooms were closed and fumigated. Ugh, ugh, ugh!!

Honored Contributor

Horrors!!!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

As a teacher in NYC I had bedbugs in my classroom courtesy of a homeless student. All classrooms were closed and fumigated. Ugh, ugh, ugh!!

How dare that nasty homeless kid........

Honored Contributor

I will still fly.  Can't live your life worrying something may happen.

Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

The student beside whom I was sitting opened her book bag and a bed bug emerged, sleepy in the morning as they are nocturnal.  I killed it and went on with the lesson.  This was low on the list of affronts at school.

Respected Contributor

My son is on a plane right this minute. He flew into Chicago yesterday, spent the night in a hotel, attended a meeting today and is flying home now. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's inappropriate.