Honored Contributor

They must have been happy at one time.....Lucy & Desi,  Pobably the 1940's but they looked great in the picture.

Honored Contributor

After many viewings of I Love Lucy, I still get a kick out of their comedic timing. That movie where they are newlyweds traveling in a big camping trailer is still funny decades after it was released.

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

That is such an adorable picture of them!  I am sure they were very happy and very much in love!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

They were like a lot of us, it's good until it isn't.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird 

She was born & buried in my neck of the woods. It’s because of her that I’ve been able to see some pretty famous comedians at “The National Comedy Center” in Jamestown NY.

And even before that was built there were annual comedy festival’s that attracted some pretty big names. I’m not a big fan of a lot of modern day comedians. It seems a lot of them think just getting up there & swearing constantly is “comedy.”  My favorite act was Kevin James. His brother, Gary Valentine, opened for him. If you watched “King of Queens” he played Doug’s cousin Danny on the show. They were both very funny & something you could take the family to see. 

I saw Lewis Black & John Mulaney and a few others. I knew Lewis from his cameo on “Big Bang Theory.” My son has seen most of the acts there the last few years. Lucy will live on forever in this area. She’s truly a legend. 

Respected Contributor

They were great! They built an empire together and Lucy went on  her own as the head of the studio, I believe as the first women ever to do that. Lucy was smart and had great comedic timing. . I saw a documentary that her daughter did and there was video of them in their older years where Desi was in the pool with grandchildren and Lucy was on the deck. They were relating to one another and according to their daughter, they remained friends until Desi died. The documentary had many family videos, pictures and their daughter told the story. I wish I could see it again because it was a great insight into Lucy and Desi's life. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Once Upon a Time.....

[ Edited ]

@conlt If you have Amazon Video you can watch it again.  Lucy and Desi:  A Home Movie.  Very enjoyable!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Lucy and Dezi - in their youth, were so very pretty > both of them.

Honored Contributor

The details about their relationship and the tidbits about what on behind the scenes of the show are fascinating.

Vivian Vance said that she despised William Frawley to the point at which she would throw up before going to work.

Desi was aparently a huge drinker and philanderer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Such happy faces!  Too much indulgence in his excess took a toll and cost him dearly, a trap of success.