Honored Contributor

The Queen Gives Prince William A New Title

[ Edited ]

From Yahoo News:

"Queen Elizabeth has given Prince Williams a brand-new title: Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. 

Prince William, 37, who also carries the titles The Duke of Cambridge and Earl of Strathearn  (the latter is a Scottish title bestowed to him on his 2011 wedding day. Wife Kate Middleton, 38, is known as the Countess of Strathearn in the U.K. country).

According to a government announcement published Saturday, Prince William will use the bonus name in his new role as “the Sovereign’s personal representative to the Annual General Assembly of the Church of Scotland” for which he will make opening and closing speeches to the Assembly and perform other official duties."

Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen Gives Prince William A New Title

[ Edited ]

William has certainly become the fair-haired child. Am glad he and Kate have embraced their royal roles. They both seem to have the full blessing of the Queen.

Respected Contributor

As a dedicated Worker Bee, he deserves it.  Does extra money come with each title?

Esteemed Contributor

William has shown the maturity to take on more. Charles at William's age now was a mess. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

The queen couldn't ask for a more perfect couple than William and Kate, they've got it all; personable, attractive, well-behaved with a beautiful family.  May they never stumble.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All these titles are a bit much.What does it really mean? One day he will be king.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

William has certainly become the golden-haired child. Am glad he and Kate have embraced their royal roles. They both seem to have the full blessing of the Queen.

@lovesrecess   The Queen needs help doing all the duties she's been doing during her reign.  She's been delegating them.  I'm sorry not everyone in the family felt the obligation to help her.  Some others will need to take up the slack.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

All these titles are a bit much.What does it really mean? One day he will be king.

@goldensrbest 

Seems a bit pretentious, all these titles ... they don't mean anything in the real world.   That new title and a ten dollar bill will get him a good sized Starbucks.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest 

Seems a bit pretentious, all these titles ... they don't mean anything in the real world.   That new title and a ten dollar bill will get him a good sized Starbucks.

I wondered if they got extra money from the area they were named Duke or Dutchess of..doesn't sound like it!

Super Contributor

All of this is interesting to me as me and my BF have started to power watch The Crown.