Honored Contributor

Well, I certainly don't want to live forever. I am looking forward to what comes next after this life is over.I also don't believe that our spirits will be reunited in Heaven. I think just as I don't now remember the past lives my spirit has lived I won't recall this one either. We just move on into whatever is the next stage.Jesus never said we would be reunited with our earthly loved ones. If that was so , he would have told us.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

image.jpg

Once upon a time...

Thank you for your kind words and most colorful avator (I so enjoy it)..  Your photo is a time when things were innocent so to speak.  That family is clean, looks healthy, has a home and a homestead. 

Today people look at that and make remarks  "how awful", "they were poor", etc.  No.  For the way they lived and worked they were very blessed, didn't know they were 'poor'.  They were grateful and appreciated what they had.  Hard work was what they knew and they didn't resent it.  They looked at it as opportunity to survive and better themselves in the ways of the times. 

That was probably their 'Sunday best' People didn't have the amount of clothing people have today. There were work clothes and then there was 'Sunday best'.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Why are you feeling sorry for yourself?  Based on what you wrote, you have more than many people could ever even dream of.  Enjoy it.

SO TRUE,I HAVE NEVER FELT THAT

Respected Contributor

Write something for the next generation, Loves Roses? 

Here is the end of one of my favorite sonnets by Shakespeare.  He has written something about his lover, so the lover will live on in memory:

Your monument shall be my gentle verse,

Which eyes not yet created shall o'er-read,

And tongues to be your being shall rehearse,

When all the breathers of this world are dead;

You still shall live (such virtue hath my pen)

Where breath most breathes, even in the mouths of men.

People leave records, though they die.  If you write an account of family history, it will be found by a later descendant or relative.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Well, I certainly don't want to live forever. I am looking forward to what comes next after this life is over.I also don't believe that our spirits will be reunited in Heaven. I think just as I don't now remember the past lives my spirit has lived I won't recall this one either. We just move on into whatever is the next stage.Jesus never said we would be reunited with our earthly loved ones. If that was so , he would have told us.

I am sure this is true for you.  However, I do remember things from 'past lives'. Even when my 'soul' was sent back for this one.  It is not everyone's take, but it is mine. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who doesn't have any idea what in the name of Heaven is going on here?  This show has gone so far off of the ledge, well, I'm totally lost.

I've watched it since the beginning and I used to like it.  Now I feel like it's just dark and stupid.

I have a friend (she's younger than me, so I can say it's that) who doesn't understand all of the things going on either.

I'm so tired of Emma and the DARK stuff.  Is it just me?  I'm curious?

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece  I am a very spiritual person.  Pray, etc.  I do believe in reincarnation also.  I think we chose our life to make our souls eventually pure so we can go to Heaven.

I have met people who say "I know you."  They keep on and I KNOW I don't know them.  

Finally, it was explained to me that souls travel together.  Some are old(er) than others (heard of 'old soul'?)  I am an old soul (so I've been told).

I met people who know amazing things about their past life.  Ever had the feeling you intensely dislike someone and don't know why?  Hummm....Ever liked someone immediately.  Again Hummmm...

So when you say you remember things,I believe you.

I also know it's not about living forever.  That's not the same thing.  I understand that and I think you do too.  

I have never been afraid of dying, how I die bothers me but not dying.  There is something that makes you feel free when you feel that way.  I don't think the Lord wants us to want to die, he put us here to take care of his world.  Just my thoughts when I saw your post. I agree with you.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

The saying "Once Upon A Time" really saddens me.  I let my husband know that one day we will part from this earth and our love, our efforts, and our memories will all be just "once upon a time". Our relationship with one another has been passionate and caring.  We've both known love.  But time and the ages won't remember us or even care "once upon a time".   

**********  I think we all leave something behind.  I think if we live to spread joy and happiness to others...... we have done something to make the world a better place. It may go unnoticed by the world,  but the mark you leave will live on.   I don't believe life ends at the grave.  I believe it will be a new beginning in a world that is what it originally was meant to be from the beginning of time.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece, to me, it doesn't matter what happens down the road, NOW does. Cherish what you two have shared, it's special and mostly can matter to you two. Be happy since it's been so wonderful. Let others write their own story.