Respected Contributor

Peoples's lives do matter beyond the time you are on this earth.  It goes way beyond husband and wife.  How do your children, grandchildren, co workers, employees, friends and acquaintances remember you?  Were your children influenced by a stable quiet home or fighting and drinking?  Were you a cooperative coworker or a back stabber? Were you kind, generous and loyal to friends?  These are the things that influence others, affect lives thru generations, and leave others with good memories of you.

Respected Contributor

once upon a time sounds like a fairy tale to me and even though my husband i have lived full wonderful lives, it has been no fairy tale.  we have had ups and downs, grief, loss, sadness, great happiness and all that goes along with being together through thick and thin.  we wouldn't trade each other or anything that has happened, good or bad for anything and we depend on each other for a lot of strength.

what happens after we're gone really doesn't matter to us, only that we won't be here together.  i have great faith, though that we'll be re- united in the spirit world to be together forever.

Honored Contributor

Just had a thought too. My mom is gone now, but her voice was on the answering machine tape. We (3) treasure that. I do hope you could tell your story as it is, and in your own voice. Teddy bears can record dad's voice for daughter while he's away in the military, and we can send cards that talk now. Why not do a life story recorded in your voice to be kept forever, or until....................JMHO

Respected Contributor

Every single one of us has our own "once upon a time"..some happy..some not so happy...but we all have them - it's called a past......Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That's why today is called 'the present' because every day is a 'gift'.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Live in the moment. 

Esteemed Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Why are you feeling sorry for yourself?  Based on what you wrote, you have more than many people could ever even dream of.  Enjoy it.

Not feeling sorry for myself.  Another thread is titled "what words or saysing Do you Hate".   I don't hate.  However, the saying does get me to feel so humble and almost helpless.  I would like all the good that me and my husband have made efforts to do remind someone that at one point in the past or in history, there was a couple who cared.  We want to believe we did our best to leave this world/planet a better place for the two of us having been here. 

Another poster here mentioned geneological research.  We didn't have children to leave that to and our/my past isn't filled with such good history (being Native American) that it would be something to share with those I would love and leave behind.  The genocides and atrocities, land robbing and swindling, ar enot exactly the stories I would have them hold dear without affecting them for the worse.  Even the past relatives who fought the wars for this nation and are completely overlooked.  The horrors they witnessed in WWII for many who today seem so very ungrateful. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

Here is what I want to have happen for posterity.

i would like to leave something to the world.

i want my ancestry ironed out neatly according to the facts.

In your case, I think a great idea would be to write about your history, even the bad parts, in hopes that future generations will learn from mistakes and take steps to prevent them.

Not to seem morbid, but I have been wondering where out memories go when we "pass." Well, just thoughts.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

image.jpg

Once upon a time...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

image.jpg

Once upon a time...

Thank you for your kind words and most colorful avator (I so enjoy it)..  Your photo is a time when things were innocent so to speak.  That family is clean, looks healthy, has a home and a homestead. 

Today people look at that and make remarks  "how awful", "they were poor", etc.  No.  For the way they lived and worked they were very blessed, didn't know they were 'poor'.  They were grateful and appreciated what they had.  Hard work was what they knew and they didn't resent it.  They looked at it as opportunity to survive and better themselves in the ways of the times. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust